In order to take classes at NOVA during the summer, you will need to follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor at your current university to identify courses they will accept in transfer from NOVA (you should get this list of approvals in writing).
- NOVA pre-requisites can be found at this link: http://www.nvcc.edu/academic/coursecont.htm
- Apply to NOVA at: https://apply.vccs.edu/oa/launch.action
- If you have met prerequisites, send us an unofficial transcript from your NOVA college email address to: AcademicAdvising@nvcc.edu. In your email, include your NOVA student ID number, the course you want to take, and the course on your transcript you believe meets the prerequisite. As long as we can confirm the course meets the prerequisite, we will clear your file to allow you to register for the class. You will have an email response within 24 hours.
- If you have additional questions, you can speak with a college advisor virtually by clicking on the Online Chat locate here: http://www.nvcc.edu/current-students/services-to-students/advising–counseling/virtual-advising.html