Are you eager to improve your math skills, so that you can take college level math courses in your first semester at college? Are you a budding leader? Do you want to get a head-start in earning college credit toward graduation?
Then, Summer Bridge at NOVA is for YOU!
The Summer Bridge program is an opportunity for recent high school graduates to increase knowledge, skills and self-confidence by participating in a comprehensive summer program that builds a bridge between high school and college. In this six-week summer program you will receive instruction and help in math, participate in Leadership activities and complete the SDV 100-College Success Skills course, which gives you the opportunity to earn credit toward graduation.
July 7 – August 6, 2015
Tuesday, July 7, 2015: MANDATORY Summer Bridge Orientation
Classes held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Must be a 2015 high school graduate with a high school diploma or the equivalent and be eligible for admission to NOVA.Must have taken math placement tests and have placed into developmental math.
- Mandatory attendance and participation in all class sessions, activities and events.
- Enrollment in Student Development (SDV 100): This college skills course is designed to assist you in making a successful transition to college. It provides you with the academic tools you need to succeed and teaches the skills of self-management and self-responsibility that relate to being a successful student. In addition, the course helps you learn how to make responsible choices about your academic, personal and career goals. Information about the College and community resources, the College’s policies and procedures, and the processes of moving effectively through the educational system are also provided.
- Increase proficiency level in basic arithmetic and algebra.
- Develop and strengthen leadership and academic skills.
- Receive academic planning and advising.
- Become familiar with campus resources.
- Build a support network with students, faculty and staff.
- SDV 100 Tuition & Fees ($161.75)
- Math Instruction
- Experiential Learning
To apply for the 2015 Summer Bridge program, complete the following application at the link below:
Summer Bridge Application (click here)
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Le’Cha Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.