- Meet as many people as possible
- Know everyone is as nervous as you are
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Pack snacks—-everyone loves Oreos!
- Buy or rent books as soon as your schedule is finalize
- Get Organized!
Your first day, and in fact the entire Welcome Week, is a very stressful experience—and many people don’t have the best time. But it’s okay! You’ll settle in soon, especially once you’re in the routine of classes and have met people with similar interests in your classes and through the extracurriculars that you choose to join. Try and make the most of your first day with these tips, but don’t panic if it isn’t perfect! Good LUCK!
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Alexandria Testing Center is now conveniently located on the first floor of
the Bisdorf Bldg. Our location puts you just steps away from the Finance and
Business Offices, Student Services and the Student Life Center. We’re excited
to be apart of the team and welcome you to pop in and tour our location.
Room 156 in the Bisdorf Bldg
Thanks for your patience during our move.
The 3rd- 12 Week Session for Extended Learning Institute classes start September 17th
and 2nd – 8 Week Session for Campus Classes start on October 14th, so there is still time to take your Math and English Placement test.
Visit the Testing webpage for requirements and procedures for the Placement test
To support the college wide Extended Hours starting
August 11th, the Testing Center will be open as follow:
August 11-14th 8:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
August 18-21st 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
August 16 & 23 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Our Saturday hours will remain the same 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Visit our website for specific details regarding each test you wish to take. All exams are collected 15 minutes prior to closing.
In 9 short days summer session will be over and you’ll be off to enjoy beaches, vacations, friends and family. Our focus at the testing center is to ensure you have the best testing experience possible when you visit us. To that end, please come prepared. We URGE you not to wait until August 9th to visit a testing center. As December 24th is to Christmas; August 9th is to the summer session, the busiest and most frustrating day in the Testing Center.
So our hats are off to your success. Plan ahead, study, test on the 7th or 8th of August. There’s a beach awaits!!!
Congratulations your First 6-weeks session is coming to an end. Take this time to organize your notes, contact instructors to ensure you haven’t missed any assignments, and form your study groups.
On test taking day:
- Multiple-choice: Don’t rush. On multiple-choice items, force yourself to read each possible choice carefully before selecting an answer. Remember, some choices appear correct at first glance but tum out to be wrong when you take a closer look. When in doubLguess! If the test does not penalize guessing, be sure that you write in a response for each test item, even if you don’t know the answer.
- Skip difficult items until last. On timed tests, you should avoid getting bogged down on difficult items that can cause you to use up all of your time. Instead, when you find yourself stumped on a tough test item, skip it and go on to other problems. After you have finished all of the easiest test items, you can return to any skipped questions and try to answer them. 14. Use leftover time to check answers.
Are you aware that there are Six New Policy Changes for Fall 2014?
The Testing Center staff is here to assist you in meeting 1 of those requirements. We administer the Virginia Math and English Placement Test daily. Visit our testing website for times and guidelines before testing. You may also want to take the practice test which has proven to be helpful.
We’ve increased our Saturday hours just for YOU!
8:30- 4:30 pm
Hours of Operations
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday – Saturday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
We will be closed May 24-26, 2014
Please visit the website for specific details before coming to the Testing Center.
Tuesday, 11 August
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Testing Center is closed today until 5:00 p.m.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Testing Center is moving effective 28 July.
We are still providing testing services in room 332 until Monday, 27 July, 8:00 p.m.
Due to relocation and construction
concerns Testing Center is CLOSED and will reopen
on Monday, July 20th @ 9:00 a.m.
in room 332.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.