- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Meet as many people as possible
- Know everyone is as nervous as you are
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Pack snacks—-everyone loves Oreos!
- Buy or rent books as soon as your schedule is finalize
- Get Organized!
Your first day, and in fact the entire Welcome Week, is a very stressful experience—and many people don’t have the best time. But it’s okay! You’ll settle in soon, especially once you’re in the routine of classes and have met people with similar interests in your classes and through the extracurriculars that you choose to join. Try and make the most of your first day with these tips, but don’t panic if it isn’t perfect! Good LUCK!
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Alexandria Testing Center is now conveniently located on the first floor of
the Bisdorf Bldg. Our location puts you just steps away from the Finance and
Business Offices, Student Services and the Student Life Center. We’re excited
to be apart of the team and welcome you to pop in and tour our location.
Room 156 in the Bisdorf Bldg
Thanks for your patience during our move.
Congratulations your First 6-weeks session is coming to an end. Take this time to organize your notes, contact instructors to ensure you haven’t missed any assignments, and form your study groups.
On test taking day:
- Multiple-choice: Don’t rush. On multiple-choice items, force yourself to read each possible choice carefully before selecting an answer. Remember, some choices appear correct at first glance but tum out to be wrong when you take a closer look. When in doubLguess! If the test does not penalize guessing, be sure that you write in a response for each test item, even if you don’t know the answer.
- Skip difficult items until last. On timed tests, you should avoid getting bogged down on difficult items that can cause you to use up all of your time. Instead, when you find yourself stumped on a tough test item, skip it and go on to other problems. After you have finished all of the easiest test items, you can return to any skipped questions and try to answer them. 14. Use leftover time to check answers.
The Testing Center Closes from 4:00- 5:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of each
month for professional development.
THE ALEXANDRIA TESTING CENTER WILL REOPEN TODAY FROM:
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to intermittent fire alarm testing being done in the building, the Testing Center will be closed until further notice.
Check back after 1:00 p.m. for update
The Testing Center will have special hours following final exams.
Monday, 21 December 9:00-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 22 December 9:00-7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 23 December 9:00-2:00 p.m.
Thursday, 24 December – 4 January CLOSED!
Professional Development 4:00- 5:00 closing.
Resume operation promptly at 5:00 p.m.
It’s almost that time, finals week!! The Alexandria Testing Center would like to thank you for your cooperation and support this last semester during our move to the new location. We’d like to offer a few tips for taking finals.
December 18th & 19th will be the busiest days at the Testing Center this semester. You’ll want to arrive early.
Due to limited space, we encourage you not to bring large purses and back packs.
On the day of your exam, bring completed Eli (online) exam pass and valid government issued photo ID to include passports, Student ID, or driver’s license
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter@AlexTestCtr
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 9:00 – 9:00 p.m. Friday 9:00- 4:00 p.m. and
Saturday 8:30-4:30 p.m.
Effective: November 13, 2015
NOVA Alexandria Testing Center
For the most up to date information and other helpful tips,
follow us on Twitter @AlexTestCtr
- Effective Nov. 13th, you will be asked to leave cell phones and purses in your vehicles, lockers upstairs, or containers provided by the Testing Center.
- We also encourage you not to bring large bags or bulky coats to the Testing Center as we still haven’t received our lockers.
- The Testing Center becomes busier at the end of the semester. Even if you don’t see us with students, we may be processing their tests. Please be patient and we will call you up to the desk as soon as we can.
NOVA Alexandria Testing Center
· Do not wait until the last day to test; there will be lines.
· We currently do not have lockers so avoid bringing personal items to the lab (i.e. cell phones, back packs, heavy coats, or large purses).
· Lockers are available on the 4th floor to use, but you need to provide your own lock.
· Be sure to bring valid photo identification.
· All tests are ended/collected 15 minutes prior to closing.
The Medical and Annandale Campuses are the closest.
The Alexandria Testing Center will open at 12:00 noon due to electrical service repairs.
(updated as of 2:14 p.m. 9 Oct 15)