Effective: November 13, 2015
NOVA Alexandria Testing Center
For the most up to date information and other helpful tips,
follow us on Twitter @AlexTestCtr
- Effective Nov. 13th, you will be asked to leave cell phones and purses in your vehicles, lockers upstairs, or containers provided by the Testing Center.
- We also encourage you not to bring large bags or bulky coats to the Testing Center as we still haven’t received our lockers.
- The Testing Center becomes busier at the end of the semester. Even if you don’t see us with students, we may be processing their tests. Please be patient and we will call you up to the desk as soon as we can.
Try not to wait until the last day to test as this increases test anxiety. You want to get your test done so you can relax!
PREPARING FOR A TEST
MANAGE REVIEW TIME
CREATE REVIEW TOOLS
PLAN A STRATEGY
Daily assignments Weekly reviews Monthly overviews
Study Checklist Condense notes Summary Sheets Flash Cards
Make up a test
Form a Study Group
Ask the Instructor what to expect…
- Meet as many people as possible
- Know everyone is as nervous as you are
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Pack snacks—-everyone loves Oreos!
- Buy or rent books as soon as your schedule is finalize
- Get Organized!
Your first day, and in fact the entire Welcome Week, is a very stressful experience—and many people don’t have the best time. But it’s okay! You’ll settle in soon, especially once you’re in the routine of classes and have met people with similar interests in your classes and through the extracurriculars that you choose to join. Try and make the most of your first day with these tips, but don’t panic if it isn’t perfect! Good LUCK!
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Alexandria Testing Center is now conveniently located on the first floor of
the Bisdorf Bldg. Our location puts you just steps away from the Finance and
Business Offices, Student Services and the Student Life Center. We’re excited
to be apart of the team and welcome you to pop in and tour our location.
Room 156 in the Bisdorf Bldg
Thanks for your patience during our move.
Congratulations your First 6-weeks session is coming to an end. Take this time to organize your notes, contact instructors to ensure you haven’t missed any assignments, and form your study groups.
On test taking day:
- Multiple-choice: Don’t rush. On multiple-choice items, force yourself to read each possible choice carefully before selecting an answer. Remember, some choices appear correct at first glance but tum out to be wrong when you take a closer look. When in doubLguess! If the test does not penalize guessing, be sure that you write in a response for each test item, even if you don’t know the answer.
- Skip difficult items until last. On timed tests, you should avoid getting bogged down on difficult items that can cause you to use up all of your time. Instead, when you find yourself stumped on a tough test item, skip it and go on to other problems. After you have finished all of the easiest test items, you can return to any skipped questions and try to answer them. 14. Use leftover time to check answers.
The Alexandria Testing Center will open at 12:00 noon due to electrical service repairs.
(updated as of 2:14 p.m. 9 Oct 15)
Tuesday, 11 August
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Testing Center is closed today until 5:00 p.m.
We apologize for the inconvenience.