How many days are left in this year? _______
Today is June 26th, it is the ______ day of 2014.
The U.S began an airlift to what city in Germany sixty-six years ago today._________
How many colleges are there in the Commonwealth of Virginia? _____________
The future is one HUGE test.
More specific information and details
In the United States , Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened on that day in 1777 by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The United States Army also celebrates the Army’s Birthday on this date; Congress adopted “the American continental army” after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.
Flying the Flag::
- Friday, June 6 – D-Day Anniversary (Half-Staff)
- Saturday June 14 – Flag Day (Full-Staff)
May 5-10, 2014
9:00 – 9:00 PM
Friday – Saturday
9:00 – 4:00 PM
Arrived early to give yourself the maximum time allowable for each exam. Being in line does not guarantee you a computer. All exams will end 15 minutes prior to closing time.
Special Testing Alert
The Alexandria Campus Testing Center wants to do everything possible to help you be successful in the completion of your Spring 2014 ELI courses. With that in mind, here are some “tips” to be aware of as the semester comes to an end. These are meant to help you plan better and insure your success. Check your Quick Start Syllabus for the end date or the last day you can take exams for your class. Not all students begin or end at the same time. It depends on your registration date.
Monday, May 10th is the end date for most ELI students. Please note that we are not open on Sundays.
- Do not wait till the last minute to test, especially if your test is on-line. Frequently, there is a waiting list for a computer on the last day. Sometimes, but not often, there are Internet issues. It is strongly recommended that you arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior to closing to allow for test setup and student lines. You cannot be guaranteed admittance.
- Avoid taking multiple exams on the same day. Just because you are inside the Testing Center, you will not be guaranteed a computer or a seat. You will have to go to the end of the line for each exam.
- Your test pass must be completely filled out and ready before you arrive or you will lose your place in line.
- Testing is subject to availability of computers.Check the website for current hours which are posted at http://www2.nvcc.edu/testing-/month.php?date=20091201
- You must be checked in and assigned to a computer 60 minutes prior to closing to receive a test.
32 Days …
until graduation for some and start of the summer for others. Whatever category you find yourself in, the Testing Center Staff is here to help you achieve your goals.
Visit the site below for test strategies and tips on preparing for your finals.
Special hours for Testing Center during Spring Break week. As usual we recommend you visit our webpage before coming to the testing center. http://www.nvcc.edu/current-students/services-to-students/testing/calendar/
Mary J. Patterson was the first African American woman to receive a bachelor’s degree when she graduated from Oberlin College in 1862. Miss Patterson was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, and was brought to Oberlin in her early youth by her parents, probably fugitive slaves. She studied one year in the Preparatory Department and four years in the College before graduation. Upon receiving her degree she went to Philadelphia where she taught in the “Institute for Colored Youths” for seven years. In 1869 she went to Washington to teach and in 1871 became the first colored principal of the newly-established Preparatory High School for Negroes. She held the position until 1884, except for one year, and did much to build up the institution… After the appointment of a Negro man as her successor she continued as a teacher in the school until her death in 1894.”
OFFICE HOURS: Fri- Sat, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
TESTING MUST BEGIN BETWEEN THE HOURS BELOW:
Due to SIS System Outage, the testing center WILL NOT administer ESL, VPT, or SDV exams today.
9:00AM – 3:00 PM for ELI/Faculty Referred
The testing center will close tomorrow from 3:00-4:00 pm for training, February 11th!