Professional Development Available
Take advantage of these professional development opportunities sponsored by the Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic & Student Services, Human Resources and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
Registration is through the NOVA Academy.
Instructional Strategies and Supports to Improve Outcomes for College Students with Asperger’s Syndrome
Karen Berlin, Educational Specialist, T-TAC, George Mason University
March 22 | 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. | MEC 256
The increasing number of students on the autism spectrum entering post-secondary education present higher education institutions with challenges previously not an issue. Many students lack the self-management skills needed to independently organize and integrate all aspects of college life. This session will provide some instructional strategies that may help you prepare a successful course, materials and evaluation tools that would help all students, including those students with autism in your classroom.
To register through NOVA Academy:
- Login at https://covkc.virginia.gov/nvcc.
- Click Learning Center, then click Course Catalog.
- Enter “autism” in the Search Text field and click Search.
- Click through the section links, then click Enroll. You will then be registered.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.