Animation Desk for iPad allows users to create hand-drawn animations on iPad. The drawing interface provided by the app resembles the real working environment of a professional animator who completes each frame of an animation on a specially-designed desk, the animation desk.
Animation Desk for iPad provides an easy, friendly, and intuitive drawing environment so that everyone can enjoy creating their own animated works.
Apply a dynamic background, or insert favorite picture as the static background
Add background music or sound effects
Share animated works on Facebook and youtube
Add audio effects to spice up your animations
Transfer animations between different iDevices and enjoy animating anytime, anywhere.
Duolingo is a FREE app that helps you and others learn many different languages including French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, and English. Duolingo creatively helps you learn each of those languages by making the process fun and engaging. Duolingo also fosters learning of a new language through levels, and you can use that to compete with friends in learning a new language.
Duolingo was Apple’s 2013 App of the Year! Create a profile and save your progress throughout. Duolingo allows beginners to learn a new language, while also allowing more fluent speakers the opportunity to test their skills in a ‘placement test’.
Duolingo is for anyone interested in learning a new language! Start learning!
Alright, now as the name suggests Comic Life helps you create comics! The technology is easy to use. There are pre-made comic pages and options. All you have to do is add the pictures and words. Really, it couldn’t be simpler! You also have the option to share the comics you create. This makes group work and classroom sharing easy breezy too! Students can create their comics and basically create a bookshelf for other students to browse what they’ve created.
The one drawback is that it is only an IOS app so that means you can only use it on Mac and iStuff. Well, it also isn’t free ($4.99), but if you are into making comics or want your students to experience the unique creativity that it takes to create one then it’s worth it!
By Mobile and Database Solutions
Rubrics is an assessment app for teachers using the Rubric method. It helps keep track of your students performance and allows you to easily produce reports for students and classes.
- Create and edit your own rubrics, or download rubrics created by other users.
- Choose from two to six assessment criteria for each rubric.
- Choose your own grading. For example: Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory, Good, Outstanding and allocate points for each grading.
- Option to add detailed score guidelines for each criteria, describing levels of quality from lowest to best.
- Group students to classes and assign rubrics to the class or link rubrics to individual students.
- Email or print a rubric with score descriptors so students can self assess.
- Record comments/notes for each student.
- Easily cycle through all students and use the badge values to quickly identify where learning difficulties exist, or cycle between classes and update all students at once for the same skill.
- Retain your students history when you rollover to next years class.
- Customise your own reports. Simply drag and drop fields to be displayed. You can slice n dice the data how you want it.
- Printable Reports (Airprint compatible printer required)
- Individual status report for each student including score and comments.
- Heat map report by class to help teachers quickly assess learning difficulties of students or where students are excelling.
Grade tool for professors who use grade rubrics. When grading an assignment, score each rubric category as you go. This app will generate the final grade.
- Create and Save multiple rubrics for different kinds of assignments
- Set maximum number value for numeric rubrics
- Customize number of rubric categories
- New slider bar for numeric rubrics to accommodate larger numbers
- Email students a detailed grade report
Price: Free Demo Version. The paid version is ad free.
If you are someone who takes videos, whether it be of friends and family or for a class assignment, Splice Video Editor is an excellent app to edit your videos with.
Splice Video Editor is a simple and easy app that allows you to splice together photos or videos in High Definition. You can add music from your iTunes library to your video. You have the editing capability to add sound effects. Using Splice Video Editor, you can even add transitions (ex. fade to black), borders, and effects (ex. zooming in on a photo). Splice Video Editor also allows you to trim the video you created and trim the song you want to use for it; all in the same app.
For students, it can be a great tool for them to edit a video presentation. It allows them creative control over what becomes their final product right in the palm of their hand. For students, it is another avenue for you to create a presentation that is not using Powerpoint or Prezi.
For teachers or instructors, it can be a great way to create and edit videos to present to students. It can also be a great tool to allow your students to use when creating or submitting an assignment.
There are 2 versions of the app, one that is FREE and the other that is $3.99.
We are also offering webinars this week! Go to http://goo.gl/dyTVPe to register. You will receive more information upon registration.
OSnap! What is “stop motion?”
Well, remember when you would draw on the edges of the pages in a book and then flip them quickly to make it look like your stick people were moving? This is the same thing, just with technology! Basically what OSnap! does is it takes a series of still photographs and then moves through them to create a video. For ideas on how to use Stop Motion in your classes check out my blog.
Now the downfall, it is $0.99 for the app, but the fun you can have with it is totally worth it!
This app is useful for student teams in a classroom setting and for student organizations. Students often suffer from in-box blindness and e-mail fatigue, and GroupMe helps overcome those issues. It’s free, whether you’re talking to a group of friends, or texting with one person. GroupMe, it’s easy to reach anyone, anytime, anywhere.
- Start groups with the students already in your phone’s address book… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
- The conversation starts instantly. The app uses your data connection, so even iPod touches and iPads can join in on the fun.
- When you have a poor connection, the app will let you start receiving your messages via SMS instead. You’ll never miss a thing!
- Share photos inline. Check out the Gallery to see all the photos shared in each group.
- Send GroupMe exclusive FREE emoji in your groups and direct messages.
- Attach your location to any message so nobody gets lost.
- Give your group an avatar — choose anything that represents your group.
- Tap the heart next to any message to “like” it and spread some love.
- Take your private conversations outside the group.
- It’s just like free texting… send all the messages you want and you’ll never pay a cent.