The Power Up Your Pedagogy
(PUP) Conference for 2014
The Ninth Annual Power UP your Pedagogy (PUP) Conference REGISTRATION continues! All Faculty and Professional Staff are cordially invited.
Please Register today
It is an online registration — Just click on this link:
And then on the Registration Tab.
Teaching, Learning and Studying 21st Century Pedagogy
PUP is an exciting, award-winning, professional development conference that brings all NOVA faculty together. PUP is YOUR conference presented by YOUR colleagues. You will leave with amazing new insights about the best teaching practices, the best teaching tips and tricks and the very best ideas about teaching and especially about teaching at NOVA! Cluster Meetings are also part of the conference.
The 2014 PUP 21st Century Teaching & Learning
January 8th and 9th on the Annandale Campus
Register Now and we will do the rest!
We have reviewed some wonderful proposals and have many exciting presentations for the conference. You will see the following:
- Interactive peer presentations are at the heart of the conference. You may choose to attend a variety of sessions such as:
- Many interactive 45-minute breakout sessions
- Dynamic two-hour workshops
- Topical Interest Groups
- Three important conference addresses highlight the conference. Learn from our leaders:
- Dr. Robert Templin will give a welcoming address to open the conference
- Robert Bausch, the 2013 NOVA SCHEV Award winner will give us his insights on teaching.
- And, continuing last year’s amazing success with a Second Day Plenary Speaker: Dr. Bryan Alexander, an educational futurist.
- Also featured this year:
- an Active Backchannel to make it your own conference: A backchannel conversation is one that occurs concurrently with the main conference and gives voice to attendees. Each can add content to the conference, comment on it as it progresses, and share inspirations from it. Here are the PUP backchannels:
- PUP twitter feed #PUP14.
- A PUP blog page on which to enter comments as replies.
- Whiteboards for your written and drawn comments
- Face to face conversations in the PUP lounge area.
- A Project Poster Presentation hosted by adjunct and full-time faculty in the Gym
- An exhibition of Learning Spaces of the Future
- A Vendor Fair that lets you visit with representatives of companies dedicated to supporting education in the CE Forum
- PUP has an important commitment to sustainability. When you register you’ll be able to choose how you want to receive your program – in a printed format, or electronically. You’ll also be able to print your individual conference schedule through the Conference Event Planner, just as soon as the program is finalized. We’ll let you know. (Printed programs will only be available to those who indicated they want one during the registration process. They won’t be available at the conference.)
Every attempt is being made to be sure that everyone, even those who only attend Cluster Meetings, receives a lunch. The lunches are the single largest expense for PUP. In these tight economic times, it is imperative that we have an accurate count of those who wish lunch. The only way to count YOU is by your registration. You must register even if you only plan to attend the Cluster meetings.