Welcome to New Faculty Orientation: NOVA and YOU (August 13 -15, 2012)
Welcome to New Faculty Orientation II: You and Your Students (January 4, 2013)
NOVA’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) & Human Resources.
- January 4th: The Forum in the Ernst Cultural Center, Annandale Campus
- Stay tuned for Agenda items — available soon.
- August 13th and August 14th: The Forum in the Ernst Cultural Center (CE), Annandale Campus.
- August 15th: The Schlesinger Center, Alexandria Campus
- See the Agenda for the times and the specific activities for each day.
Please bring a syllabus for a class that you will teach. If you haven’t started one, that’s OK — bring your ideas. If you are in the middle of writing one, that’s OK , too — you may get a chance to finish it. If you syllabus is complete, please bring it along.
Attendance: All new nine-month teaching faculty are expected to attend and will receive a small stipend for doing so. All new twelve-month teaching faculty are highly encouraged to attend all relevant sessions after looking at the agenda.
Parking: Parking is always at a premium! If you do not yet have an “A” or “C” parking permit, you should park in the “B” lots or the parking garages on either campus. The lots are well-marked and you’ll be able to find them easily. You will not need a permit during New Faculty Orientation to park in a B lot.
If you wish to get a parking permit before you come here and you already have an emplID (Employee ID) you can obtain a temporary one on the parking permits site.
EmplIDs are provided by Human Resources.