Various features of the NOVA Military website have been updated to present the comprehensive material in a more user-friendly way including:
- Contact Us – the information was reorganized
- Tuition Assistance (TA) – the content is new and there are now overviews arranged by branch of service
- Veterans Education Benefits — contains an overview of different bills available for veterans
- Navigation — new horizontal navigation across the top was added for easier site use
- Images — the banner section at the top of all the Military pages contain new images
We hope you like the look and find the site easier to explore and locate the information you need.
NOVACard added some new features to their Web pages and great new discount offers!
- On the NOVACard home page Student Advantage information was added to the big featured events box on the right and the content was updated.
- On the Promotions page a Pepsi marketing message was posted, along with a blurb about Student Advantage which includes a link to more details about the discount program.
- On the Discounts page the content was modified and a boxed section was added featuring logos of some of the companies that are participating in the program.
In addition, the Student Advantage logo was inserted in the banner at the top of all the NOVACard pages. We hope you will enjoy these new student benefits!
Check out NOVA’s redesigned Libraries website. We’ve implemented a more modular layout that streamlines the user’s interface. We’ve created library guides for library databases and resources. There are also a series of new header images.
In addition, you can now chat with a librarian in a separate window under Live Chat. Libraries have social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. To access hours and contact staff click on the NOVA campus location of your choice under Campus libraries – details will appear in accordion format.
The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden Ice Rink
Don’t forget! The College will be closed for Winter Break from Thurs., Dec. 20, 2012 through Tues., Jan. 1, 2013. NOVAConnect registration will still be available.
Be sure to check out the Acadmeic Calendar for other important upcoming dates.
Check out the new GPS4Success website. The site is split into two main sections — one to help students and one to help faculty.
- The student section covers what is expected of each student, how they can prepare, what they can expect from their advisor, a list of resources and FAQ.
- The faculty section features an Academic Advising glossary, explains both the role of the student and the advisor, and a list of resources; including sample syllabi, advising logs and a recommended reading list.
The content in both sections is presented in chunks using an accordion feature. Click on the + sign on the right to open and read a section and then the – sign to close it.
Take a look at the new NOVA Idol website! NOVA Idol is a singing contest held every year that is open to all NOVA students. It has been around for 10 years. The new comprehensive website includes the list of past winners and information on prizes. In addition, there are five tabbed sections that feature details on rules and regulations, the online application, video performances, a photo gallery in slideshow format, and background details on the NOVA Idol Singing Competition. Whether you are interested in trying out yourself or appreciate the musical skills of others, visit this website for more information and click on the fun video links to view past performances and interviews.
Check out the new Testing Centers Calendar we created that’s hosted by Google. The calendar is maintained by each of the individual NOVA Testing Centers and updated by them the 15th of every month. The color scheme was carefully considered so that the content is easy to read. The old format of the calendar was monthly view only, but now you can click on one of the three tabs on the top right and view the calendar by Week, Month or Agenda. Also, the day of the week in which you are viewing the calendar is highlighted in yellow. The content in the boxes was simplified and is presented in a consistent format so hours are listed by campus – click on a campus location and a pop-up box will appear showing extended details — locations, hours, special holiday hours, exam cut off times and more. Directions were added at the top of the page in yellow and you can print the calendar.
NOVA now has a Pinterest page with many fun boards giving you a broad visual perspective of the College from our students studying and playing to events, sports, campus buildings and more. You can find us under the name Northern Virginia Community College or NOVAaccess.
Check out our boards and pin your favorite NOVA photos and videos to your pinboard today!
Check out the newly made-over NOVA home page. Icons to all the social media sites are displayed at the top, the student and faculty My Story section has been upgraded for easy flip viewing on your mobile device/tablet, the Important Information section in the middle now offers a scroll feature, an event calendar feed in the middle also scrolls and provides details to everything happening at NOVA, the boxed area on the bottom rotates and showcases NOVA Featured information like the Virtual Tour, Payment Plan information, the Schedule of Classes and more. Be sure to bookmark the NOVA home page today!