The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of the NOVA GAP Scholarship
1. Student must be program placed in a NOVA associate’s degree
2. Student must have completed/be completing at least 12 credits toward degree requirements
3. Student must have participated in ONE Fall 2014 GAP-sponsored workplace training module:
- If you attended the September 30th Resume Development Workshop
- Conflict Resolution Workshop, Nov 7th, 9-9:50am, CA 317, Annandale Campus
- Interviewing Skills Workshop, Dec 3rd, 9-11am, AA (Bisdorf) 196, Alexandria Campus
4. Student must be in Good Standing at NOVA with no less than a 2.8 GPA overall
5. Student must provide one letter of recommendation from a NOVA faculty member
6. Student must submit an essay addressing two topics:
- What I found most valuable in the Gap Seminars?
- What I am currently doing and plan to do to improve my career preparedness?
7. Student must be eligible for employment within the United States
Number of Awards Offered: Three
Value of Each Award: $898
Use of Award: The scholarship may be used only for tuition, books, and supplies at NOVA, as stated in NVCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Policy.
How to Apply (must be postmarked by December 10, 2014):
1. Completed Scholarship Application
3. Letter of Recommendation
Mail or deliver documents in a sealed envelope to:
Stuart Bowen, Retention Counselor, Pathway to the Baccalaureate
Northern Virginia Community College
5000 Dawes Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22311
Recipient Selection Process: Selection made by NOVA’s Grants Committee.
Deadline for Application: Completed Scholarship Application and any other required materials must be received by Stuart Bowen on/or postmarked by December 10, 2014.
If you have any questions about applying for this scholarship, please contact Stuart Bowen at email@example.com.
Notification of Awards: Recipients will be notified by mail of the outcome of the scholarship application process in December, 2014.