NOVA Police will host a “how to stay safe” training session, beginning in February. Training will be offered college-wide, with sessions available in the day and night for each campus. Below are dates and times for this upcoming training.
If you are interested in this training, please RSVP to Community Outreach Officer Tony Ong at email@example.com.
- NOVA safety resources
- Personal safety tips
- Active shooter response overview
- And much more
Dates and times:
- February 16, Alexandria Campus, noon-1 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm, AA-158
- February 17, Annandale Campus, noon-1 pm in CM- 222 and 6 pm to 7 pm in CA- 303
- February 18, Medical Education Campus, noon– 1pm and 6 pm to 7 pm, Room 253
- February 19, Loudoun Campus, noon-1 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm, LW- 105
- February 20, Woodbridge Campus, noon– 1 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm, Seefeldt 106
- February 23, Manassas Campus, noon-1 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm, MC- 240
Drugs and Alcohol Abuse Awareness Training
In a continuing effort to ensure the safety and security of the NOVA community, NOVA Police will be offering a drug, alcohol, and substance abuse awareness workshop. Please RSVP for this training. If you need to request accommodations please e-mail NOVA Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-933-1850.
- Alcohol violations and penalties
- How to determine if someone is intoxicated / under the influence
- Drug violations and penalties
- Long-term consequences of substance abuse
- Examples of controlled and non-controlled drugs
- December 1, Alexandria Campus, AA-158, from noon-1 pm
- December 2, Annandale Campus, CC 102, from noon-1 pm
- December 3, Medical Education Campus, Room 255, from noon-1 pm
- December 4, Loudoun Campus, LR-105, from noon-1 pm
- December 5, Manassas Campus, MP 140, from noon-1 pm
- December 8, Woodbridge Campus, WAS 202, from noon-1 pm
NOVA Police are hosting a toy drive from November 10th – December 9th
We are asking for donations of new toys (unwrapped) for toddlers-teens. All toys collected will be donated to:
HomeAid Northern Virginia
3684 Centerview Drive, Suite 110B
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Drop off: Drop off locations will be at any of the 6 NOVA Police stations, not later than December 9th.
Contact: NOVA Police Community Outreach Officer Tony Ong at email@example.com 703-764-5000.
“Put a smile on a kid’s face with a gift from your heart.”
HELP PUT THE “GIVING” IN THANKSGIVING
We are asking for donations of the following: low-sugar cereal; canned proteins (meats such as tuna or chicken, corned beef hash, chili); pasta; soups; tomato sauce; juice; peanut butter; and jelly. All food collected will be donated to the Loudoun Homeless Services Center in Leesburg, Virginia.
Together, we can feed needy families
Collections Dates: November 10th – 25th (Please drop off all goods at any of the 6 NOVA Police stations not later than November 25th).
For large donations, contact us directly for assistance.
Drop-off times: 7 am to 11 pm
Loudoun Homeless Services Center
19520 Meadowview Ct.
Leesburg VA, 20175
For questions, please contact NOVA Police Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence/Stalking Awareness Training
NOVA Police and NOVA CARES’s Sexual Assault Services will conduct college-wide training sessions in October on responding to crimes against women. If you are interested in this training, please RSVP to NOVA Police’s Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong, at email@example.com.
• How to avoid sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking.
• What to do if you are a victim.
• Police guidance on relevant topics, such as protective orders, police reporting options and more.
• Resources in your community.
- October 15, Alexandria Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room AA-158
- October 17, Medical Education Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room 254
- October 22, Annandale Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room CS-131
- October 23, Woodbridge Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Seefeldt 347
- October 24, Manassas Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room MP-140
- October 29, Loudoun Campus, noon – 1 p.m., LC-216
Women’s Self-Defense Considerations
An assault occurs every 60 seconds. The NOVA Police Department will offer a non hands-on lecture for women reviewing the mental attitudes, safety considerations and response techniques to avoid an attack and defeat it if it occurs. This valuable information will increase your ability to defend yourself. NOVA females, families and friends are invited. RSVP to NOVA Police’s Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 30, Manassas Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room MP-214
- October 31, Woodbridge Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Seefeldt 106
- November 3, Alexandria Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room AA-158
- November 4, Annandale Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room CN– 213
- November 6, Medical Education Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room 254
- November 7, Loudoun Campus, noon – 1 p.m., Room LC-216
Active Shooter Response Training
The NOVA Police Department is offering an Active Shooter Response briefing to the NOVA Community. You may register for this important training by contacting the Community Outreach Officer identified below. Room information will be provided at the time of your registration.
- What is an Active Shooter?
- Statistics/case studies
- Police responsibilities and capabilities
- Tips on how to protect yourself and others
Dates/Locations: (Rooms TBD)
- September 15, Alexandria Campus from 12 pm- 1 pm
- September 16, Annandale Campus from 12 pm- 1 pm
- September 18, Woodbridge Campus from 12 pm– 1 pm
- September 22, Loudoun Campus from 12 pm– 1 pm
- September 23, Medical Education Campus from 12 pm– 1 pm
- September 25, Manassas Campus from 12 pm—1 pm
For more information on any of the above activities, contact NOVA Police, Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong at email@example.com.
NOVA Police Department will be Participating in DEA’s Annual Drug Take-Back Initiative on September 27, from 10AM to 2PM. Please turn in your unused/unwanted/expired medication for proper disposal. For more information, contact NOVA Police Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong firstname.lastname@example.org
NOVA Drop-Off Site:.
Annandale Campus CA Building 1st Floor Main Entrance
8333 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
Contact Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong for any questions or refer to the website below for more information.Tong@nvcc.edu