Yesterday, the Woodbridge Campus Theatre Club for 2014-2015 had its first meeting. It was primarily informational (with some volunteering encouraged), and we learned about the following exciting possibilities for this semester:
1. DRACULA, Steven Dietz’s adaptation of the novel by Bram Stoker. Performances October 22 – November 3 in the BlackBox Theatre.
Auditions are Sept. 3rd and 4th – 5 PM to 8 PM in the LakeSide Theatre. Please go here (http://www.nvcc.edu/nwtg/NoVaPlayers/Dracula%20Cast%20Breakdown.docx) for further information. Everyone, please audition, and get your friends and others to audition also. Backstage and front-of-house personnel are also needed for this production.
2. Act-along, sing-along, perform along with the Rocky Horror Picture Show In mid-November — this event will be sponsored by us, the Film Club, and the LGBTQ Club, and the public will be invited.
3. Many other activities / opportunities are possible; the Club can be what you want it to be. For instance, some possibilities are:
Theatresports (“competitive” improvisation)
Our own talent show
Seeing local theatre productions
And many other possible ideas
4. The Campus Club Fair is this next Tues. and Wed., Sept. 2 & 3, from 11 am – 3 pm; many of you who were there today volunteered to man a Theatre Club table during some of those times. For those of you who couldn’t make it today, especially, you could try to meet a few folks during the Club Fair — it’s also possible to discuss meeting at some additional time during the week when you are able to attend. And, of course, another way to get involved and get to know everyone is to audition for…
5. We MUST choose club officers next week; please consider putting your name forward for President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and/or Secretary/Scribe.
This information is also posted on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NoVawtg).
See you next week! If you have any questions/concerns, please contact Prof. Trumbull at email@example.com or Prof. Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S.: Seats are still available for two theatre classes on Campus this semester:
CST 130, Introduction to Theatre, Wednesdays from 11a – 2p (hybrid) — 14-week class — This class starts NEXT Wednesday, and you MUST register before midnight on Monday, Sept. 1…
CST 137, Oral Interpretation of Literature, Tuesdays from 4:30 – 7:20 pm (hybrid) — 2nd 6-week — Oct 15, 2014-Dec 16, 2014.