Here are a list of updated features that you may find helpful. Please feel free to contact ISS if you need more assistance.
- SafeAssign incorporated into the Assignments Feature
- New Integrated Student Preview Option
- Assessment Significant Figures in Calculated Formula Test Questions
- Delegated Grading and Anonymous Grading
- Grade Center and MyGrades Improvements
- Direct Links – share the specific url of the Blackboard page with others to help with troubleshooting and sharing
- Blackboard xpLor: A cloud-based, global learning object repository for authoring, copyright, sharing, and discovery of rich educational materials and open educational resources.
Information graphics or inforgraphics is a popular way to present the information, data or knowledge by using the graphics. People believe data visualization will enhance the cognition. A lots of new easy-to-use tools have made the creation of infographics available.
This blog is worth to read on this topic: http://dailytekk.com/2012/02/27/over-100-incredible-infographic-tools-and-resources/
This is the infographic created by Piktochart.
Three PDF files have been updated in the Tutorial: What’s New in MS Office 2010 / 2013 page. Please check it out.
What’s New in MS Word 2013?
- Inserting online video.
- Editing PDF documents.
- Inserting and reading comments.
- Tracking changes and conversations.
- Using Read mode for longer documents.
- Exploring new templates in Word.
- Inserting objects with onscreen alignment guides.
What’s New in MS PowerPoint 2013?
- Working with new templates.
- Exploring the new Presenter view.
- Using color adjustments.
- Inserting new charts.
- Exploring new transition effects.
- Creating a custom shape.
- Playing an audio track across multiple slides.
- Recording your Slide Show
What’s New in MS Excel 2013?
- Filling empty cells using Flash Fill
- Filtering records using a Timeline.
- Previewing with Quick Analysis.
- Using Chart Advisor recommendations.
- Finding errors and issues with Power view..
- Converting roman numerals into Arabic numbers.
- Protecting data in a shared spreadsheet
Here is the PDF file for the survey report: Summary. The following screen snap is the summary of the survey.
Google Site is a good tool for the instructor to create a course site. You can create different pages for each student/ group so that they can contribute their own learning to one course site. By the time the each page are ready to publish, the instructor can change the sharing setting so everyone can view all the content of the site.
The page-level permission feature allows faculty to set up different permission for the students. Please take a look at the following YouTube video to see how to create a group digital portfolio by using page-level permission in Google Sites
Richard Byrne also wrote one article on how he manage classroom digital portfolios by using page-level permission in Google.
Another day, I received the email from Mr. Dan Schuessler, the co-founder of My Teaching Degree. He recommended the Guidebook series: Education Technology Tools Guide in his email. I think it is very informative. Please click the following link to see their recommendation on tech for teacher. Hopefully you find something useful there.
Education Technology Tools for Teachers | MyTeachingDegreeOnline.org.
If you need any assistance on integrating those technology tools, please feel free to contact us.
Google add some add-ons created by third-party developers to its Google Docs and Sheets services. Those add-ons allow users to do things like create customized email templates, make name tags, generate the certain format of Bibliography, and etc. Google call those add-ons as “apps.” Please see the following YouTube video for more information.
Basically, there is a new “Add-ons” tab from within a doc or spreadsheet. Users click “get add-ons.” From there to choose the add-ons currently available in both app stores. Once an add-on is installed, it can be used from within any document in Google Drive.
Source from: http://on.mash.to/1giNQ9S
Samsung Electronics announced the fifth generation of the Galaxy S series, the Galaxy S5, at Barcelona, Spain, February 24, 2014.
The comparing chart between Samsung Galaxy S5 and its Competition listed by Christina Warren might be helpful for you to choose your mobile devices.
SurveyMonkey launched a mobile version of its survey-building and analytics tools this week.
The SurveyMonkey app makes it easy to:
● Write and design surveys and polls in minutes
● Send surveys to anyone through the web, email, or social media
● Keep track of responses in real time
● Turn your data into actionable insights
SurveyMonkey is free to download and use. Two PRO subscription options will add more great features through an auto-renewing subscription.
● SurveyMonkey SELECT monthly for $23.99 USD*
● SurveyMonkey SELECT annual for $199.99 USD*
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad. Click here to view iTunes Review