At the Alexandria Campus, our goal is for you to have a resourceful college experience by equipping you with the knowledge that you need. Our monthly newsletter brings announcements directly to you in both areas of transfer and career. Utilizing transfer and career resources will help maximize your time and skills at NVCC. We invite you to explore our career and transfer events/updates. Current and prospective students are welcome to utilize our resources and events!
Below are some updates from Christopher Newport Transfer Admission and Enrollment.
More information about Christopher Newport’s transfer application, process, and deadlines can be found online: http://cnu.edu/admission/transfer/. Students can apply now through the Common Application or Coalition Application. Our full transfer guide is located here! Our priority application date for Fall 2021 is March 1 with the application closing on July 17. We always encourage interested applicants to apply early or by a priority application date!
To be considered for transfer admission, priority is focused on those students presenting a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0, 15 hours of college level credit, a history of full-time enrollment each semester (12-15 cr) and completion of one class in college-level mathematics and a college-level English course.
We are requesting that students have their admission related documentation sent to us electronically during this time if possible (mail is ok, too). We accept transcripts and transfer college reports as official documents when they are sent directly from the school. Documents can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 757-594-7711. Transcripts can continue to be sent via Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, and E-Script if possible. Students can find the Transfer College Report and other admissions related documents linked on our website.
Below are some links to our online advising resources:
Below are some ways students can connect with us (with links):
- CNU is now offering personal on-campus tours Mon-Fri 9am-3pm (on the hour). Guided walking tours will be limited to one family per tour guide. Visitors are required to follow all safety protocols included in the Visitor Guidelines document, including wearing a cloth face covering at all times.
- Transfer Thursdays- every Thursday at 11am we offer a virtual presentation and information session with time for Q&A. Students must RSVP online, then we will send them the link to join the virtual meeting.
- Transfer Days- virtual events scheduled with your campus, please see the flyer that was sent to your transfer events coordinator or email us for a copy!
- One-on-one virtual admission advising appointments
- Virtual admission interview
- Virtual tour
- Admission Video
Old Dominion University is offering scheduled appointments starting Monday, March 16, 2020 by phone or Zoom only. Please make sure you include the best phone number to reach you. If you prefer Zoom, please add a note when creating your appointment so we can send you the Zoom link. Thank you and we look forward to talking to you!
*Pre-advising is for prospective students only. Newly admitted and current students, please make an appointment with your advisor.
Schedule your appointment with one of ODU’S Pre-Transfer Advisors here.
Amazon Virtual Career Fair
Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Computer Information Systems majors are invited to register for an online career fair and join the group chat information session from 11:00 am to noon. Immediately following you will be able to speak one-on-one with representative from different division from Amazon focusing on these programs. Prepare and finalize a resume and review information about each division and jobs available before the fair to be fully prepared to speak with the recruiters.
To sign on and navigate the Virtual Career Fair you must review the instructions Career Connection and prepare to use video chat links sent to you by individual recruiters during the fair.
To register go to Career Connection Events/Career Fairs/ Select the Amazon Virtual Career Fair and click ATTEND.
If you require captions in order to participate in this webinar, please notify email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the session for services to be requested.
Event: Amazon Virtual Career Fair
Date: Wednesday, 28 October 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Group Chat)
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Career Fair)
Contact: Dana Fallon || firstname.lastname@example.org
The ADVANCE declaration for spring 2021 is now available on the NOVA ADVANCE website!
As a reminder, in order to join the ADVANCE program, students must first submit a declaration. Effective spring 2021, the following modifications were made to the declaration form:
- Students will now be asked to list their previous enrollment history at other colleges and universities;
- Students who do not meet the NOVA GPA or credit hour eligibility requirements will be referred to Mason’s Office of Admissions to discuss enrollment options.
In order to be eligible for ADVANCE, students must:
- have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA if they have completed college credit,
- be enrolled in a NOVA associate degree curricular program,
- have earned no more than 30 college credits before the semester they plan to start ADVANCE. (The 30-credit limit does not include AP, IB, CLEP or any other earned credit by exam. Credit earned at other U.S. or international colleges or universities does apply to the 30-credit limit.)
The deadline for submitting a declaration for the spring 2021 semester is January 11, 2021.
The deadline for submitting a signed agreement for the spring 2021 semester is January 18, 2021.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com.
UVA’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies!
Spring 2021-School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Application Deadline: November 1, 2020 for the following programs:
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Health Sciences Management (BPHM)
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies Degree in Healthcare Management (BIS HCM)
and again at 5:30pm:
On Thursday they will share information from their Bachelor of Profession Studies in Health Sciences Management (BPHM) program degree at Noon:
For any inquiries please contact: Collyn W. Alford: firstname.lastname@example.org.