Below are some updates from Christopher Newport Transfer Admission and Enrollment.
More information about Christopher Newport’s transfer application, process, and deadlines can be found online: http://cnu.edu/admission/transfer/. Students can apply now through the Common Application or Coalition Application. Our full transfer guide is located here! Our priority application date for Fall 2021 is March 1 with the application closing on July 17. We always encourage interested applicants to apply early or by a priority application date!
To be considered for transfer admission, priority is focused on those students presenting a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0, 15 hours of college level credit, a history of full-time enrollment each semester (12-15 cr) and completion of one class in college-level mathematics and a college-level English course.
We are requesting that students have their admission related documentation sent to us electronically during this time if possible (mail is ok, too). We accept transcripts and transfer college reports as official documents when they are sent directly from the school. Documents can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 757-594-7711. Transcripts can continue to be sent via Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, and E-Script if possible. Students can find the Transfer College Report and other admissions related documents linked on our website.
Below are some links to our online advising resources:
- Transfer Admission Guide
- Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Equivalent Course Guide
- VCCS advising guides(by major)
- Richard Bland College Equivalent Course Guide
- Guaranteed Admissions Agreements
Below are some ways students can connect with us (with links):
- CNU is now offering personal on-campus tours Mon-Fri 9am-3pm (on the hour). Guided walking tours will be limited to one family per tour guide. Visitors are required to follow all safety protocols included in the Visitor Guidelines document, including wearing a cloth face covering at all times.
- Transfer Thursdays- every Thursday at 11am we offer a virtual presentation and information session with time for Q&A. Students must RSVP online, then we will send them the link to join the virtual meeting.
- Transfer Days- virtual events scheduled with your campus, please see the flyer that was sent to your transfer events coordinator or email us for a copy!
- One-on-one virtual admission advising appointments
- Virtual admission interview
- Virtual tour
- Admission Video