Hello NOVA Students!
Please come out and join the S.A.L.S.A. Club for “Salsa Giving!”
The purpose of this event is to educate NOVA about the Latin Culture which includes- teaching students how to dance salsa, different Latin American Food, Dance Fitness (Zumba), dancing, games, and performances. Also, to promote our club for the Spring Semester.
SALSA GIVING event
Date: Thursday, 4 December 2014
Time: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Location: Tyler Building | Gym
Next S.A.L.S.A. meeting is TODAY!
Date: Wednesday, 3 December 2014
Time: 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Bisdorf Building | AA-160
For more information please contact Rodney V. Garcia | S.A.L.S.A. President | email@example.com
The Alexandria Bookstore is now hiring.
Position: Temporary Bookseller
Pay: $7.25 non-negotiable
The candidate we are looking for must be:
- Problem Solver
- Takes Initiative
Monday – Thursday: 9am to 7pm
Friday: 9am to 2pm
WHAT: Interviewing Skills workshop presented by Gap, Inc. for Community Colleges
WHEN: Wednesday, December 3rd, 9-11am
WHERE: Bisdorf (AA) 196, Alexandria Campus
WHY: To learn valuable skills in self-presentation and career preparedness. Attendance also qualifies you for consideration for one of three SCHOLARSHIPS offered by Gap, Inc. for Spring 2015.
Click here for : Gap Scholarship Announcement Application (2)
NOVA Adult Career Pathways is hosting two Summer Internship Workshops for NOVA students during the month of December on the NOVA Alexandria Campus. Please advise regarding the procedures the Alexandria Campus requires to advertise this particular event.
- Event Title: Securing a Summer Internship Workshop
- Host: NOVA Adult Career Pathways
- Event Times sand Location:
o Thursday, December 04, 2014; 11am-12noon; NOVA Alexandria Campus (AA 447)
o Tuesday, December 09, 2014; 12:30pm-1:30pm; NOVA Alexandria Campus (AA327)
- Purpose: “Internships give you the chance to ‘test-drive’ a career. Learn the nuts and bolts of finding different types of internship opportunities, develop strategies for effective networking, and leave with key resources and techniques for securing an internship of your own! Now is the time to search and apply for summer internships!!”
With the College closing at noon on Wednesday, November 26th, the NOVA Shuttle will stop operating at 2 pm and re-start with the normal schedule on Monday, December 1st.
The last shuttle runs on November 26th will be:
- Route A – dropping off on campus at 2 pm (no pickup).
- Route B – Arlington Center at 1225 to campus.
- Route C – Braddock Road metro at 1:50 to campus (no campus pickup).
- Route D – dropping off on campus at 2 pm (no pickup).
- Route E – campus at 1:50 to metro.
- Route F – dropping off on campus at 2 pm (no pickup) and Signal Hill at 2:05 (no pickup).
For the Winter Break, the shuttle will operate on its normal schedule through December 19th.
There will be no shuttle service after December 19th until Monday, January 5th, when the shuttle will resume operations.
Starting January 5th, the schedules for Route C (Alexandria – Braddock Road) and Route E (MEC – Franconia-Springfield) will change.
Route C will be adjusted to arrive on campus every hour on the hour and at the metro every half hour.
Route E will be adjusted to go from campus to the Food Court at Springfield Town Center to the Metro.
Updated schedules will be posted at www.nvcc.edu/shuttle before January 5th.
You can also visit https://www.restonlimo.com/nova for real-time shuttle updates.
Please visit www.nvcc.edu/shuttle for more details and Route schedules.