We are having Collaborative Open Q&A sessions for Canvas, Respondus and Zoom. If you have questions, please drop in and get your questions answered!
Zoom link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/5617075656 (Links to an external site.)
Tuesday, September 29 from 2:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday, October 1 from 12:00pm-1:00pm
Monday, October 5 from 12:00pm-1:00pm
Wednesday, October 7 from 12:00pm-1:00pm
Thursday, October 8 from 5:30-6:30pm
Here is a common error we are hearing that faculty are encountering in Canvas Quizzes when the Lockdown Browser is applied and the solutions to help resolve them:
Student attempts to take the quiz and sees the following error:
“Error: Unable to continue-exam title indicates a webcam must be used, but the course is unknown to our system” (source)
Explanation: The error indicates two possible causes, the instructor has copied content from a course used in the Spring/Summer and didn’t check the Lockdown Browser settings or the instructor has not used LDB before with their course.
- If the instructor copied quizzes/content into their current courses, they need to double check the Lockdown Browser settings for correct setup.
- If this is the first time the instructor is using Lockdown Browser with Canvas quizzes, log into Canvas, click on the Lockdown Browser button and look for “fix it” next to the quiz title. If “fix it” is there, click on it and your course/quiz will be recognizable.
If your course is a blueprint copy of a master class, the owner of the master course needs to check the Lockdown Browser settings. (source)
Link Here for details.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with other questions.
If you’re looking for assistance with your Canvas courses, we’ve got you covered! In order to sign up for a 1:1 appointment with a Canvas trainer, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Canvas calendar and ensure that the Canvas Toolkit course is enabled on your list of course calendars (box to the left of the Toolkit course is colored).
- Select on the Find Appointment button located above the list of Calendars.
- Select the Canvas Toolkit Course from the dropdown list.
- All available appointments will appear on the calendar. Select the one you would like to schedule and select Reserve.
Have you noticed a change to the Rich Content Editor? You now have more options you didn’t have before, such as the ability to choose from different fonts. Take the time to explore the new options and see what you think!
Did you know that students cannot access your published courses if you have set a start date that has not yet occurred in the Settings of your Canvas courses? If you set a start date, even if you publish your course, it is still not accessible to students. Please remember that you need to publish your courses AND set a start date three days before the first day of class to allow your students access to your courses. If you do not set a start date, students will have access as soon as you publish the course.
Need to go back and review old Global Announcements that you have deleted off your Dashboard?
Global Announcements display as a notification in a user’s Dashboard. Users can manually close the notification at any time. Closing the announcement displays an alert indicating that the announcement can be viewed again in the user’s Navigation Menu.
The Global Navigation link is located at the end of the User Navigation Menu.
The Global Announcements page defaults to the Current Announcements tab, which displays all active announcements for the college
The Recent tab displays all announcements with an end date within the past four months.
You may have noticed that your Spring and Summer 2020 courses have disappeared from your Dashboard. Here are a few things you need to know:
1. You can still access your courses from the Courses icon on your Global Navigation Bar. Select All Courses and then locate the course under Past Enrollments.
2. If you need to access student grades, you may view them in the Grades area, but you CANNOT edit grades from a past term.
3. If a student still needs access to a previous term, you will need to enter an Incomplete in the SIS. This will automatically push to Canvas and give the student access to the course through December 2020.
**NOTE: a new course is NOT generated. The same course is used, however, only students with Incompletes can access it.
4. If you have set availability windows on assignments, you will need to review them to ensure students still have access to submit those assignments.
5. Content from previous courses may be imported into new courses via the Course Import Tool in Settings.
We have several appointments available weekly for 1:1 Canvas help with a member of the Canvas Support Services team.
Please register at: https://online.nvcc.edu/canvastraining/