Maximize your campus’s resources

As students, especially as CCI students, we do have a lot of things to do. Doing some off campus activities, such as internships, volunteering in order to get engaged to our community is a privilege for us to experience it, yet getting engaged to our campus also important and worth being. I assume that a good way to get engaged with campus is by using the resources that has been provided for us and absolutely they are free.

Library on the Annandale Campus

One of the resources that almost everyday I visit is The Library. If you hear the word “library”, you would have imagined dozens of books and a huge quiet room that sometimes makes you bored and sleepy, but yet there are actually a lot of interesting and useful things to do there. Besides for reading books, you can also use others tools such as computers, digital media studios, group study rooms, laptop kiosks, electronic equipments in circulation desks (cameras, tablets, camera accessories, calculators, audio equipments), and also chess arena for the chess likers. You can use those tools to do your assignment, or even just for fun, to release your stress after doing a lot of work. Since you get a free wifi connection, you can use the computers or laptops just to listen to your favorite music on youtube, etc, and of course for tablets, camera, calculators and some other stuff you can borrow and bring them home for generally 7 days with 1 renewal.

Fitness Center in CE

Besides library, particularly for those who spend a lot of time in Annandale campus, in the same building where the library is, there are also some sources that are very helpful and useful in order to renew, sharpen and even gain new knowledge in writing center, language center, and math & science center. From the CG building, we can also connect to CE building through the corridor on the first floor where we can also do some sports activities in Fitness Center, basketball/volleyball arena and dance room. Last but not least other sources that I want to share are Counseling Center and Career & Transfer Center that I already had an experience with when I was consulting about my resume. I got another point of view and some advice from the advisors and it turned out well for me.

So, guys, I know sometimes we feel like we do not need them because we are already know about those kind of things, but who knows, maybe when you go to writing center, language center or career advisor, you will meet people that link you to another opportunity for internships, volunteer or other kinds of good events that you never imagine before. Or now you have another skill by knowing another language, movie making, photographing, just by using those resources. So, for those who haven’t been using those sources effectively, I suggest you guys to start using them right now because I truly believe that it’s not a waste of time to use these resources and at the end of this program when we already reach our home countries, we are going to bring something worth telling to our folks about our campus and community, besides definitely our wonderful personal experiences here in USA.

Post written by Natallia Rumboirussy, CCI participant at NOVA 2016-2017, Indonesia

2 thoughts on “Maximize your campus’s resources”