The city that never sleeps

New York City, a city that never sleeps, one of the major tourist spot in the world. It is also one of the most fundamental cultural center in United States of America. It’s natural beauty and night life charms everyone.  It’s iconic sites such as Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, sprawling Central Park, Madame Tussauds adds an incredible scenario which makes eyes blink with sparkling star. Moreover, Rockefeller Center, Time Square, Coney Island, Grand Central Terminal and World Trade Center drives everyone insane. By the grace of God, I have got an opportunity to visit that phenomenal states “ New York” and it has added a golden page in my life.

Madame Tussauds is a well-known wax museum. Everyone knows about cinematic experience from the world that it offers. When I enter it takes me to the Hollywood world. There any one can your dream stars from Hollywood, Royal Family from United Kingdom, and the 1st president George Washington, Former president Abraham Lincoln and current president Donald Trump United States of America. You also don’t need to travel the world to meet Pope & Dalai Lama too.

The world’s biggest and famous Office Building, Empire State Building, on 86th and 102th floor offers panoramic views of New York City. When I climbed on the top of that building which is  102 floor I  feel like you are walking on the cloud. The observation of illuminating night image from highest vantage point from Empire State Building of New York can take anyone’s breathe away.

The Statue of liberty is a national monument and an universal symbol of freedom, immigration and democracy to the millions. It’s everyone’s dream to see this beautiful lady even once in lifetime.  The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest bridge in United States of America. I feel like It is also an resemble a moon in the sky.

Time Square, a is well – organized to take me in a tour in every World’s famous fashion house and Junk food like from H&M to V&S, J.C Penny to American Eagle, Five guys to Burger king and so on. People can also test different food from different country in restaurants too and find the natural spirit of downtown.

New York, full of diversity, heart of America, known for night life is an enormous city for pleasure, hangout, fun and family vacation. It must make your every single moment memorable and golden age in your entire life. I am really blessed that I have an opportunity to visit the city that never sleeps before my death.

Post written by Ayesha Alam, 2017-2018 participant at NOVA-Annandale from Bangladesh