THE EXPERIENCE I HAD DURING THE STUDENT LEADERSHIP DIVERSITY CONFERENCE

Student Life at NOVA is building a community of leaders and inspiring the growth of the whole student by facilitating co-curricular programs that support civic engagement, leadership development, diversity, education, community involvement, and personal empowerment as retention effort.

The conference came on at Loudoun Campus which presentation were selected based on the following student learning outcomes. During the conference, I had opportunity to attend the following presentation: Here is my story, What is yours by Alicia Edwards, Adjunct Faculty, Annandale Campus. Secondly, Mindset & Leadership; Getting out of the Box by Rachelle Thompson, Financial Stability Program Coordinator, NOVA. Again, Leaders Are Overrated; Leadership Misunderstood by Lucy Holsonbake, Faculty Liberal Arts and lastly, I attended Agree to Disagree: How to Move Forward by Vanessa Diaz, Director of Academic Success & Student Engagement.

The experience I had in the conference are numerous but some of them are; gained insight into leadership, diversity, and inclusion efforts by identify leadership characteristics to inform how to lead self and others, to compile best practices to use in creating inclusive communities and Understand the multiple dimensions of diversity and how our background and related experiences inform our role within the NOVA community.

Thanks to our coordinators Kelly and Kate for making us participated in this wonderful event. I am so grateful.

Post written by Patrick Asampana, CCI participant at NOVA-Annandale from Ghana.