Special Testing Alert
The Alexandria Campus Testing Center wants to do everything possible to help you be successful in the completion of your Spring 2014 ELI courses. With that in mind, here are some “tips” to be aware of as the semester comes to an end. These are meant to help you plan better and insure your success. Check your Quick Start Syllabus for the end date or the last day you can take exams for your class. Not all students begin or end at the same time. It depends on your registration date.
Monday, May 10th is the end date for most ELI students. Please note that we are not open on Sundays.
- Do not wait till the last minute to test, especially if your test is on-line. Frequently, there is a waiting list for a computer on the last day. Sometimes, but not often, there are Internet issues. It is strongly recommended that you arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior to closing to allow for test setup and student lines. You cannot be guaranteed admittance.
- Avoid taking multiple exams on the same day. Just because you are inside the Testing Center, you will not be guaranteed a computer or a seat. You will have to go to the end of the line for each exam.
- Your test pass must be completely filled out and ready before you arrive or you will lose your place in line.
- Testing is subject to availability of computers.Check the website for current hours which are posted at http://www2.nvcc.edu/testing-/month.php?date=20091201
- You must be checked in and assigned to a computer 60 minutes prior to closing to receive a test.