A curated exhibition of contemporary and traditional fiber Art
Calendar Show Dates: APRIL 30-JUNE 16, 2014
Entry Postmark: Friday April 14, 2014
Acceptance: notice by e-mail- April 21, 2014
Delivery of accepted work: Monday April 28 – noon to 7 p.m. at Verizon Gallery.
Artists not located in Northern Virginia may arrange early delivery in Woodstock, VA
Reception: Saturday, May 10th, 2014- 2 -4 p.m.
Pick up unsold work: June 16, 2014
Where: Verizon Gallery in the Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center, Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale Campus, 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003 (CE Building)
Curator: Trudi Van Dyke is an independent curator and fine arts consultant who juries and cruates nationally.
Award Juror: Sherry Trachtman, NCS, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria Campus.
Submission: Up to 3 submissions for consideration per artist may be submitted on CD in JPG format. No more than two images (one full and one detail) may be submitted for each submission. Images should not be larger than 12 inches in the longest dimension at 300 dpi resolution. Information for each image in separate document must include: Artist Name, Title of Art Work, dimensions, medium (please be specifit) process, year created, sale price. (Please include 20% service fee, which will be assessed on sold work). Work does not have to be for sale.
Fees: $30 non-refundable entry fee for up to three works must be included with the submissions.
Checks: please make payable to Trudi Van DykePayment Address: Trudi Van Dyke 249 Jess Sine Rd. Woodstock, VA 22664
Awards: cash awards – best of show; honorable mentions at discretion of juror in each categroy (contemporary and traditional) will be announced at the reception.
Sales: All sales will be handled by the curator and a service fee of 20% will be retained. Payments to the artist within 30 days after receipt of sales proceeds. Sold works must remain hanging for the duration of the exhibition. Arrangements for delivery of purchased pieces will be arranged by the curator.
Entries: work in either traditional or contemporary categories must be composed of at least 75% fiber. The artist must identify the fiber medium in the submission. For example- cotton, paper, thread, etc.
- Original work only by artists in MD, VA., DC, WV.
- All work must be titled.
- 2D work must be ready to hang with secure and appropriate hanging devices.
- Quilts or similar unframed wall work should utilize slats or dowels with holes for hooking or eye hooks attached at both ends and small attached loops of clear fishing filament. Due to our hanging system, screw eyes should be near the top of the frame so work hangs correctly on the wall.
- All work must be labeled on the back with artist’s name, and title
- No shipped work. All accepted work must be hand delivered and picked up
- 3D artists should provide installation directions. Limited pedestal and locked cases are available. Please indicate if you will provide your own pedestal.
Liability: Reasonable care will be taken with all artwork. The Verizon Gallery, Ernst Community Cultural Center and the curator will not be responsible for loss or damage.
Accepted Entries: Accepted work must closely represent the quality of the image submitted and arrive ready for display. CDs will not be returned unless requested and SASE is included with entry.
Click here for entry form: FIBER ENTRY