Two more $500 awards and one $1000 award for the final comprehensive drawing will be offered towards educational costs at NOVA to randomly selected students who successfully complete Inceptia’s Financial Avenue courses online by the deadlines indicated below. Courses only take about 45 minutes to complete and provide students with knowledge of key personal finance concepts and a customized action plan based on their financial goals.
How to Access Courses:
- Sign up for Financial Avenue at https://fa.financialavenue.org/sign-up/by entering NOVA’s access code: FinLit
- Provide your NOVA student email address (ending in @email.vccs.edu) during the registration process and provide your 7-digit NOVA student ID# when creating your new student account.
- Log in to Financial Avenue as a student at https://fa.financialavenue.org/fa-login/using the username and password you created in the step above.
- Under “Courses” on the left side of the webpage select the course you would like to complete. Follow the prompts until you complete the course.
Official CashContest Rules:
In order to be entered in the drawings you should do the following:
- Complete the course with an average score of at least 70% by the deadline shown below to be entered into the CashContest drawing for that course.
– The “Future of Your Money” course must be completed before 11:59pm on October 18, 2020.
– The “Spending and Borrowing” course must be completed before 11:59pm on December 21, 2020.
– The “Credit and Protecting Your Money” course must be completed before 11:59pm on March 19, 2021.
– The “Earning Money” course must be completed before 11:59pm on May 15, 2021.
– Complete ALL FOUR courses listed above before 11:59pm on May 15, 2021 to be entered in the FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING.
- You must be pursuing a degree or certificate at NOVA.
- You must be enrolled or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program of study (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during the semester the drawings take place and the semester an award is applied.
- For the “Future of Your Money” and/or the “Spending and Borrowing” drawing, you must be attending or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during FALL 2020. The $500 awards for these drawings will only be applied toward FALL 2020.
- For the “Credit and Protecting Your Money” and/or “Earning Money” drawing you must be attending or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during SPRING 2021. The $500 awards for these drawings will only be applied toward SPRING 2021.
For the FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING:
- You must be attending or have successfully completed (letter grade A, B, C, D) at least six credits required for your program during SPRING 2021.
- If you are selected for the $1,000 award, it will be applied to SUMMER 2021 or FALL 2021, whichever semester you first attend and successfully complete at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D).
- ALL CashContest rules noted above must be met when the $500 or $1,000 award is offered and disbursed. If the rules are not met, the award will not be awarded and disbursed.
There will be two $500 drawings for each of the FOUR courses shortly after the due date to randomly select students who meet the requirements outlined above. There will also be a FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING to select one $1,000 winner who successfully completed ALL FOUR COURSES by May 15, 2021.
Students who are randomly selected to receive a $500 or $1,000 award will be notified via their NOVA student email account. If the student has a $0 balance at the time the award is disbursed, it will create a credit balance that is refunded in accordance with the College’s refund policies. Students may set up their refund preferences at https://nvcc.afford.com/refunds. Over-awards created by the additional award, though unlikely, would be resolved in the best interest of the student.
Please note that students are permitted to retake course quizzes and even an entire course if necessary to improve their average course score to at least 70% to be entered into the drawings. However, students will not receive multiple drawing entries for successfully completing a particular course more than once. This contest is open to all NOVA students who meet the requirements outlined above. However, please note that NOVA faculty and staff who happen to be taking classes at NOVA are not eligible for the $500 or $1,000 drawings. Odds of winning a $500 or $1,000 award will depend on how many students successfully complete each course. NOVA reserves the right to modify the CashContest at any time.
If you have any questions about the CashContest or the drawings, please contact the 24-Hour Student Support Center at 1-855-323-3199.