NOVA’s Spring 2020 FREE TAX PREPARATION WORKSHOPS
FILE YOUR TAXES FOR FREE! NO INCOME LIMITS!
Open to all NOVA Students, Employees, & Family Members.
Register Today as Space is Limited!
IRS-certified volunteers will help ensure you receive the maximum tax refund and help determine if you are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Workshops are Facilitated Self-Assistance (FSA) sites. You will use a computer to file your taxes by typing your information into the software, with guidance from IRS certified volunteers.
You may attend workshops at ANY campus. Taxes normally take about 1 hour to complete. Please plan appropriately.
The deadline for filing your federal taxes this year will be April 15, 2020.
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO THE TAX PREPARATION WORKSHOPS:
- Photo ID for you and your spouse if filing jointly.
- NOTE: Everyone must bring a Social Security card or ITIN Letter for all family members.
- All 2018 income statements: W-2, W-P, W-2G & 1099, etc.
- All 2018 income statements for each working dependent: W-2, etc.
- Voided check or Account & Routing Number for direct deposit.
- Expense documents: dependent care, education-related expenses, home mortgage interest payments, etc.
- Proof of health insurance coverage, i.e. Form 1095A, 1095B, 1095C, insurance card, Medicare or Medicaid card.
- 2018 tax return.
TurboTax – File Your 2019 Taxes for Free (To file for free on this website, your income must be under $36,00 if you have no dependents. The limit is higher if you have dependents.)
If your income is under $66,000, you may be able to file for free at WWW.MYFREETAXES.ORG
International students cannot file taxes with us online. If you are an international student and you need help or have a question about your taxes, please attend the workshop. However, you will be informed that a paper tax return must be submitted.