You got financial aid questions; we’ve got the answers!!

Did you know?

• During the month of December, the Financial Aid Support Center answered over 225 web tickets, 1200 online chats and over 3900 phone calls! This resulted in well over 5,500 successfully answered inquiries!! Call or log on to the Financial Aid Support Center today!!!

Awareness Challenge:

• What have you done to promote the Financial Aid Support Center on your campus or in your office today?
    • Here are some suggestions:
      • Post/distribute some flyers to students as they transit your office
      • Personally tell at least “3” students about the Financial Aid Support Center and how it can help them.
      • Make a point to remind at least 10 students to complete the online survey about the Financial Aid Support Center and let them know that their opinion matters to us. NOVA Financial Aid is serious about helping students!!

Call for Action!

• Encourage or assist a student to use the “Live Chat” function of the Financial Aid Support Center to get an answer to their financial aid question.

Financial Aid Support Center Awareness Month

Avoid the lines, save some gas, financial aid support is right at your fingertips! NOVA financial aid has designated May as Financial Aid Support Center Awareness Month. Our goal is to make a college-wide push to promote the services available to our students via the Financial Aid Support Center. We are encouraging all our students and financial aid staff to visit the support center, ask questions and complete a survey to tell us about your experience. The Financial Aid Support Center is available 24-hours, 7-days a week and 365 days a year for your financial aid questions or concerns. Log on to the Support Center at: https://mysupport.nvcc.edu and chat with a representative; or call them at: (855) 323-3199.

NOVA Financial Aid is serious about helping students!!

8 thoughts on “You got financial aid questions; we’ve got the answers!!”

1. I take full times credits this fall. However, I droped one class 4 credits because I want to study 8 weeks session (10/17 – 12/17). However, that class could not be added because it requires permission number from professor to be enrolled. When I emailed the professor, he said that I need to wait 2 more weeks, and he will give me a permission number. Right now FAFSA thinks I study part time and they cut my money. Please help me to get money back because I study full time, not part time. Thanks

1. I would encourage you to contact your campus financial aid adviser and your academic adviser as I am not sure why you would need professor permission to enroll in a 2nd 8-week course. Term census date was September 10th your aid was adjusted based on your enrollment at that date. If you add a class after that date and was previously awarded, we can readjust your aid but that will need to be done by a campus representative.

2. Whats up very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .
    . Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?
    I am happy to seek out numerous useful information right here in the post, we want develop
    extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing.
    . . . . .

3. I applied for financial aid for 2013 -2014 school year. Now we are in the end of January and still didn’t get any result. I want to know if I get awarded , can I still able to enroll for spring or summer , and is it true that I have to study Full time in order to keep my award?
    One more question, do I have to apply for financial aid for 2014-2015 or is it going to be renewed by itself?