Estate Gardener Position

Estate Gardener, Full Time, Fairfax, VA

Full benefits including vacations, holidays, sick/personal leave, full health care program funded in the majority by my company.

Would be on the payroll of the Dewberry Companies.

There are the equivalent of 1.5 other people working here as well.  Their experience is limited in gardening.

The grounds are mature so 75% of the time is spent in maintenance, the remainder in re-visioning the grounds for the future (planting new gardens, etc)

This is job is 25% supervision and working on projects with the other employees and 75% hands on, weeding, pruning, planting, nurturing, watering, etc.

The position is paid hourly at the rate of $35-45/hr. depending on skill level.

Individual must be of sound body and able to work outside all day everyday.

Social interaction is minimum as except for the 25% supervision time above, everybody is doing their own thing most of the day.

We use minimal pesticides but in any event have Bartlett Tree Service which does most of the bug/disease work.

Not interested in new graduates of horticultural programs.  Must have minimum 10 years hands on working as a gardener/arborist/horticulturist.   Dirt under finger nails required.

Please contact Barry Dewberry at bkdewberry@aol.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *