Under the supervision of a Forest Conservation Urban Forester III within the Urban Forest Management Division, DPWES, inspects construction sites for compliance with requirements on approved site plans relating to landscaping, screening, tree preservation and vegetation related proffers and development conditions; assists in final bond and escrow release inspections and under direction prepares needed deficiency lists, correspondence and project documentation; participates in on-site conferences and preconstruction meetings held on construction sites to resolve issues and ensure contractor compliance with county code requirements. Answers technical questions from the public, engineers, architects, landscapers, the development community, and other Fairfax County agencies. Performs related duties as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Tree Conservation Ordinance, (Chapter 122 of the Code) the Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance and the Public Facilities Manual.
- Ability and experience (minimum of 6 months) in performing urban forestry field work including pre-construction meetings, final inspections.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents.
- Working knowledge of horticulture including trees, shrubs and vines as applied to the urban environment.
- Certified Arborist Certification (International Society of Arboriculture) within 12 months of hire.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in urban forestry, forestry, horticulture, environmental science, landscape architecture, agriculture or related field.
Compensation: $45,448.83 – $75,748.19 Annually
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Coverage
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Live-Well Program
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Paid Leave (annual, sick, parental, volunteer activity, and more!)
- Paid Holidays
- Contributory Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employees’ Child Care Center
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Continuous Learning Opportunities
To Apply/More information (job closing 12/10/2021) https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfaxcounty/jobs/3311975-0/urban-forester-i