Birchwood Arboretum, a private property, is searching for a talented and knowledgable full-time estate gardener, so they reached out to the Horticulture Department to find one! If you’re looking for a full-time position, why not consider Birchwood Arboretum?
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, March-November.
Birchwood is one of the largest private arboretums in the Eastern United States. With over 1200 specimen conifers and Japanese Maples, the arboretum was established in the 1990s attracting groups from around the world for visits and tours. It then fell into disrepair for fifteen years and has recently been revitalized. Birchwood also has a vegetable garden and fruit trees with the arboretum covering roughly 20 acres. Pleasant working environment with friendly family.
Position is to maintain the arboretum with its conifer beds and gardens.
- Maintain lawns, trees, conifer beds, perennial gardens, and all property softscapes.
- Mowing, lawn cultivation, mulching, raking, weeding, edging, pruning trees and bushes, seeding, fertilizing, bed preparation, planting, and plant transfer, and removing leaves
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic garden power equipment including zero-turn mowers
- Occasional property maintenance work as needed
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting up to fifty pounds, kneeling, and working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
Skills and Experience
Experience in the horticulture industry is preferred, but all that is required is a desire to learn and the ability to work hard every day.
Wage range: $15-18 hour
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Contact: Pat Sartorius