This one’s for you Landscape Design specialization students! Native Plant Landscape Design is looking for a new hourly Part-time Junior Landscape Designer! So if you have a passion for native plants and design work, make sure you apply! This position can be utilized for your HRT 297 Cooperative Internship credit!
Part-Time Junior Landscape Designer
Native Plant Landscape Design is a small, growing landscape design firm based in Northern VA. We specialize in sustainable design, using native plants to create beautiful gardens and we are looking to hire a junior designer to help us grow!
We are looking for a flexible, energetic team member with a positive attitude who is interested in native plants, sustainability and local ecosystems. NPLD is a small, fun team and we take pride in making a difference. We have seasonally heavy workloads in the spring and fall and there is design work available throughout the year. We need a designer who can meet client requirements with effective and creative design solutions under defined time constraints, with the help of the rest of the team. We envision that there will be opportunities for professional growth at NPLD and for potential expansion into a full-time position. Job responsibilities will include:
- Working with more experienced designers to draft landscape design plans
- Creating revisions on existing drawings under the direction of senior designers
- Creating reports in CADD to give quantities of plant material and hardscapes to develop client quotes etc…
- Communication with design clients and contractors
- Assisting with site inventories
- Assisting with design installation, under the supervision of experienced team members
- Developing maintenance plans and directing maintenance in the field.
Training in site analysis and inventory, planting and hardscape design and CADD software
Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
Ability to work well with colleagues and clear communication skills
Ability to drive and availability of transportation
Ability to lift 50lb
Ability to work in seasonally challenging conditions and on uneven terrain
Familiarity with native plant materials
Experience with Vectorworks
This is currently an hourly position. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org