- The Garden Club of America: Founded in 1913, The Garden Club of America is a nonprofit organization comprised of 200 member clubs and approximately 18,000 club members throughout the United States. To promote greater understanding of the interdependence of horticulture, environmental protection, and community involvement, GCA offers 29 different merit-based scholarships and annually awards over $300,000.
- Casey Trees: Casey Trees is a non-profit organization established in 2001 to restore, enhance and protect the tree canopy of Washington, DC. The organization works with others to plant and care for trees and promotes the use of green infrastructure of environmentally friendly and sustainable development.
Open to graduate or advanced undergraduate students that are studying urban forestry, environmental studies, horticulture, forestry, or related courses of study with a special interest in the urban forest. Students must be enrolled during the academic year following the award decision. Eligibility is open to U.S. Citizens and permanent residents who are enrolled in a U.S. – based institution.
Funds one or more students annually at $7,500 for study and research that will advance the knowledge of urban forestry and increase the number of scientists in the field.
- Applicants should complete the electronic application form. Be prepared to upload a vita at the time of your electronic application form submission. Preview the application questions here. At minimum, include:
- Relevant Education, work, and volunteer experience
- Publications and presentations
- Career goals
- A letter of endorsement directly emailed from applicant’s major professor/advisor and signed by the student’s faculty advisor and submitted to: email@example.com by January 31 with the name of the student in the subject line. The letter should:
- Identify the student
- Indicate the status of the student in the program
- Evaluate the students ability as an independent researcher.
January 31st – Application is not considered complete until the letter of endorsement is received. Final award decisions are made in late March. Fellowship recipients will receive official notification from the Garden Club of America. If you have any questions concerning the award application or eligibility requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information: https://caseytrees.org/education/urban-forestry-fellowship/