On May 22, Apple Federal Credit Union CEO Larry Kelly and President Robert G. Templin Jr. announced a new collaboration that will provide scholarship opportunities to students in the Pathway to the Baccalaureate program. The announcement took place at a special breakfast honoring Apple FCU scholarship recipients at the Waterford at Fair Oaks.
“The $48,000 in scholarships provided by the Apple FCU Education Foundation will make a profound, life-changing difference for our student recipients,” said Templin.
“We’ve aligned our common goals,” Apple FCU Education Foundation Executive Director Mike Engley said of the NOVA agreement. “We’re reaching out to serve all of our members in pursuit of a higher education. We believe scholarships have the ability to change the lives of students.”
Twelve Pathway students were among the recipients honored at the breakfast:
- Magferat Akter Marshall High School
- Kalkidan Alemayehu Edison High School
- Priya Aurora South County Secondary School
- Danielle DiGuardia Hylton High School
- Ali Hashi South Lakes High School
- Phuong Huynh Chantilly High School
- Yuki Karki South Lakes High School
- Shezia Khan Briar Woods High School
- Kshitij Neupane Herndon High School
- Boomya Patan Lee High School
- Gabriela Quiroz Mount Vernon High School
- Erin Yeargin South County Secondary School
Congratulations to all of the scholarship recipients!