The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) has kicked off its 2012-13 year with a reassigned time staff of nine faculty associates representing all campuses. CETL faculty associates are strong faculty members who are the face of CETL on the campuses. They have a high interest in pedagogy and are available to help all faculty. Your campus CETL faculty associates can answer questions, consult with you and assist you as needed.
Stop by to meet them:
- Alexandria: Samantha Whalen and Amy Harding
- Annandale: Alicia de la Torres Falzon and Cynthia Rathjen
- Loudoun: Barbara Crain and Steve Clarke
- Manassas: Dahlia Henry-Tett
- Medical Education: Patty Ottavio
- Woodbridge: Frank Ferrara
CETL is always available to support you and your teaching in any way you wish. You can learn great things from CETL during the semester through:
- Faculty Focus Seminars
- Teaching Squares program coming to your campus
- Teaching consultations and one-on-one mentoring
- Super Profs
- Monday Movies (fourth Monday)
To learn more, go to CETL home page.
CETL has a library of pedagogy titles for you as well. Please stop by the CETL or check out our link to GoodReads on the CETL Blog. For quick links to pertinent teaching links, be sure to follow CETL on Twitter.
CETL will also forward materials through intercampus mail. The CETL Center is on the Annandale Campus, CG 218. Contact CETL at CETL@nvcc.edu or 703-764-7386.