NOVA Makes G.I. Jobs 2013 List of Military Friendly Schools

G.I. Jobs logoFor the fourth straight year, NOVA has been named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs magazine, one of the premier veterans guides for educational and job opportunities.

This list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s service members and veterans as students

In a September 12 PRWeb article, Michael Dakduk, executive director for the Student Veterans of America, stated, “The Military Friendly Schools list is the go-to resource for prospective student veterans searching for schools that provide the greatest opportunity and overall experience. Nothing is more compelling than actual feedback from current student veterans.”

In addition to the G.I. Jobs listing, another prominent veterans publication, Military Advanced Education, listed NOVA as a Top Military-Friendly College for 2012- 2013.

“It’s an honor to be recognized by G.I. Jobs and others for the services we provide our student veterans and their dependents,” said NOVA Director of Military Services Mike Johnson. “The criteria for selection as a G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School became even more stringent this year, so to again be included in this group is a credit to our faculty and staff working together to ensure that we are doing all we can as an institution to help our student veterans succeed.”

At NOVA, about 6,800 students receive some kind of military or veterans benefits, including the G.I. Bill.