All faculty and professional staff are cordially invited to register online.
You can also follow the Conference on Twitter at #pup13.
PUP is an exciting, award-winning, professional development conference that brings together all NOVA faculty. Attendees leave with amazing new insights about the best teaching practices, the best teaching tips and tricks, and the very best ideas about teaching at NOVA!
The 2013 PUP, scheduled for January 9 and 10, has some great features to add to your take-homes this year.
Interactive peer presentations are at the heart of the conference. Attend up to five different sessions from:
- More than 80 interactive 45-minute breakout sessions
- Ten two-hour workshops
- Fifteen speed visiting sessions
- And a new feature this year: Topical Interest Groups, led by your colleagues around specific interests. The campus provosts will lead one of these, called “The Road to Leadership!” for those who want to find out about moving into leadership roles at NOVA.
Three important conference addresses highlight the conference. Learn from our leaders:
- President Robert G. Templin Jr. will give a welcoming address to open the conference
- Dr. Charles Poland will give the keynote on “More than Half a Century in the Classroom”
- And a new feature: A second day plenary address by Professor of Art Rebecca Kamen speaking on “Art as a Catalyst: Interdisciplinary Projects.”
Also new this year is an active backchannel to make it your own conference. A backchannel conversation is one that occurs concurrently with the main conference and gives voice to attendees. Each can add content to the conference, comment on it as it progresses and share inspirations from it. Here are the PUP backchannels:
- PUP twitter feed.
- A PUP blog page on which to enter comments
- Whiteboards for your written and drawn comments
- Face-to-face conversations in the PUP lounge area in the CE Forum.
- A Vendor Fair that lets you visit with representatives of companies dedicated to supporting education will take place in the CE Forum.
PUP is committed to sustainability. You will be able to choose if you want to receive your program in a printed format or electronically. You will also be able to print your individual conference schedule through the Conference Event Planner when the program is finalized.
PUP provides a complimentary lunch ONLY for preregistered attendees. Walk-in registrations will be very much welcomed but lunch cannot be provided for walk-ins. There are alternative meal venues in the CA and CF buildings for people who have not preregistered.