In the midst of the busy fall semester, crowded parking lots and piles of paperwork, you may be asking yourself, “How can I keep up with the news and events going on at NOVA?” Here are a few suggestions for staying informed this year:
1. NOVA’s Home Page is a great resource for getting the information you need at a glance.
- The Important Information section on the top left side of the home page is where you will find up-to-date information on closures, holidays, registration information and payment deadlines. It is the quick information source we all need during the busy semester.
- The Upcoming Events section will help you find information on campus or college-wide events that you do not want to miss. This area highlights key events; click on the Calendar button for more information and for the complete list of NOVA events.
- The NOVA Features section at the bottom of the home page provides quick links to a variety of areas including current marketing videos, new programs and the Schedule of Classes. Check it frequently for new features.
- For a pick-me-up on a tough day, click on the scrolling My Story gallery and read about how NOVA is impacting the lives of students, faculty and staff.
2. Intercom is a weekly publication written by faculty and staff, for faculty and staff; it is your quick news stop at the beginning of the week. From awards to community involvement, Intercom covers a variety of NOVA news. Don’t forget to check out the flyers section!
3. NOVA Blogs are a hidden gem of information with more than 45 blogs written by faculty, staff and students all over NOVA. If you want to stay up-to-date on a certain area, department or program, NOVA has a blog you will probably enjoy.
4. Social Media Connect with us through your favorite social media sites. On Facebook and Twitter you will find official NOVA news under NOVAaccess. On Google +, LinkedIn and Pinterest you will find us under Northern Virginia Community College.
Staying informed is easier than ever. Check out the resources above for a couple weeks and see if your NOVA knowledge increases. Use the comment box below to tell us how you stay informed.
If you have any questions, please contact Web Services and Digital Media of Marketing and Communications at WSDM@nvcc.edu.