Crimes Against Women/Self-Defense Considerations
NOVA Police will conduct College-Wide training sessions on responding to crimes against women and self-defense considerations. If you are interested in this or any other training, please RSVP to NOVA Police’s Community Outreach Officer, Tony Ong, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• How to avoid sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
• What to do if you are a victim.
• Police guidance on relevant topics, such as protective orders, police reporting options and more.
• Demonstrations of self-defense responses and tactics (this will NOT be a hands on session for participants).
• Resources in your community.
Alexandria Campus from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in AA 158
Loudoun Campus from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in LR 105
Annandale Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in CA 317
Manassas Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (location TBD)
Medical Education Campus from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in room 352
Woodbridge Campus from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in WAS 336
Bystander Intervention Training
• What is bystander intervention?
• How bystander intervention can keep you and others safe.
• Intervention tips and more.
Annandale Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in CA 305
Medical Education Campus from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in room 352
Alexandria Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in AA 196
Manassas Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (location TBD)
Loudoun Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in LR 105
Woodbridge Campus from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in WAS 356