The Center for Teaching and Learning (CETL) cordially invites you to participate in an innovative Faculty Focus series. This is a five-part series about Learning-Centered Teaching and what you might need to transition to a teaching practice that moves toward learning-centered teaching.
By Monday, March 17, faculty should have received an email with links to (1) a short video summary of the series, and (2) an in-depth article about the series.
Each Thursday after that, beginning March 20, faculty will receive another email with links to a video introduction and an in-depth article about one of these five topics:
- March 20: The role of content in the learning-centered classroom
- March 27: The role of the instructor in the learning-centered classroom
- April 3: Respect for learning in the learning-centered classroom
- April 10: The role of assessment in the learning-centered classroom
- April 17: The balance of power in the learning-centered classroom
Your job is to reply to the blog posts with comments, questions and experiences about the articles. This can be an exciting and interesting online learning tool for all NOVA faculty (and those outside the College). Anyone with access to the blog is welcome to reply.
Special thanks to the Annandale Faculty Staff Resource Center Green Screen Facility.