The March 31 deadline is fast approaching for all full-time faculty and staff to complete the mandatory training, so we want to take this opportunity to provide reminders and helpful hints regarding the online trainings found in NOVA Academy. Please refer to the email sent by Donna Smiley on December 6, 2013, to see the training matrix and Frequently Asked Questions.
• To view your completed trainings after logging in to NOVA Academy, scroll over My Workspace and click My Transcript. It takes an average of four hours to complete all seven modules.
• To easily reference the seven all-employee mandatory training modules, please search in the main search box for “nova bundle,” then click on the faculty or classified bundle. All seven mandatory training modules can be found there. Compare the list with your transcript to ensure you have completed the necessary training modules.
• Alcohol and Other Drugs and the Clery Police training need to be completed annually. The other five modules should be completed every three years. For example, if you completed the Clery training prior to March 31, 2013, you should complete the training again before month’s end.
• The supervisor bundle found using a “nova bundle” search is not part of the current mandatory training but is highly recommended for all supervisors and is currently being assigned to new supervisors. Please do not confuse this with the March 31 deadline for the mandatory training bundle, which is for either the classified or faculty bundle of seven training modules.
• Ninety-nine percent of the errors you may encounter in NOVA Academy can be resolved by switching to Compatibility View Mode in Internet Explorer (IE) after logging in. Instructions for switching to Compatibility View Mode in IE can be found in the red writing on the NOVA Academy login page.
• First-time users of NOVA Academy should download and refer to the Basic User Guide near the bottom of the following webpage: http://www.nvcc.edu/faculty-and-staff/human-resources/professional-development/index.html.
• For questions not answered in the Basic User Guide and Smiley’s aforementioned December message, please email AskHR@nvcc.edu.
We appreciate your prompt attention to completing the mandatory training to help us achieve 100 percent compliance by March 31.