November is National Career Development Month. This is a great time for staff and faculty to think about what we are doing to help NOVA students participate in career development opportunities and navigate the world of work.
Here are ways you can help:
- Encourage students to use the new College Central Network (CCN) to access career advice, to create resumes and online portfolios, publish them to employers and to search for jobs and internships posted specifically for NOVA students by local employers
- Promote Focus 2 to help students learn about and select majors and occupational fields.
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
- Attend a workshop sponsored by Career Services. Sessions are free and open to faculty, staff, students and alumni. Topics include:
o Career Planning
o Job Search
o Resume Writing
o Individual Resume Reviews
o Mock Interviewing
- Trasi Watson (Adult Career Pathways)
- Edythe Richards (Alexandria/Arlington)
- Stephanie Allen (Annandale)
- Christy Jensen (Extended Learning Institute)
- Carlita McCombs (Loudoun)
- Derrick Washington (Manassas)
- Dennis Sullivan (Woodbridge)
Please help spread the word! To learn more, see the flyer in this edition of the Intercom.