The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and the Office for Prior Learning Assessment cordially invite you to a Lunch & Learn session titled “PLACE (Prior Learning Activity for Credit Evaluation) Portfolio Development.” The session will take place November 12 at 12:00 p.m. at the CETL Center (AN CG 218).
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior learning assessment is a renewed movement in higher education to help more adult students reach college completion. Join us for a one-hour lunch to learn about NOVA’s PLACE portfolio development program for adult students.
- Identify students who are candidates for PLACE
- Review the portfolio development process
- Discuss portfolio evaluation guidelines
- Evaluate a sample portfolio section
- Determine if you would like to evaluate portfolios