The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) has identified some of the excellent presentations from the Power Up Your Pedagogy (PUP) Conference and is bringing them to a campus near you.
PUP on Parade is made possible by those who presented at the conference in January and who have graciously agreed to present again. Please review the PUP on Parade presentations and register at http://goo.gl/I7EAbB.
For February 16 to 20, the following presentations are available:
- DeQuan Smith: “A New Way of Educating through Customer Service in the Classroom”
- This terrific, well-regarded session is scheduled for Thursday, February 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the Medical Education Campus in Room 352.
- This presentation will be repeated April 23 at the Annandale Campus.
- Paige Highsmith:“Flipping the Classroom: One Instructor’s Attempt at Improving Student Success in a Precalculus Class”
- Highsmith flipped her classroom successfully and she will share her ideas Friday, February 20 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on the Alexandria Campus in Room AA 196.
- This presentation will be repeated March 27 at the Annandale Campus.
- Deanna DeGidio: “Integrating Ethics into the Curriculum: Is It Our Job to Focus on Character as Well as Content?”
- Faculty help students become stronger academically and can help them become really good people as well. This session is Friday, February 20 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the Woodbridge Campus in WAS 110.
- This presentation will be repeated February 26 at the Annandale Campus.