The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) has announced five upcoming regional workshops focused on search committees, recruitment and diversity for hiring managers. The System Office Human Resources staff will be offering these one-day workshops focused on streamlining and improving the search committee process, proactive recruitment techniques, and diversity support activities. The program is designed for academic program heads, deans, directors and all hiring managers. Participants can expect to gain an understanding of the following:
- How to better manage and support a search committee
- Expanding our recruiting, networking and social media approaches to find the best candidates
- How diversity and inclusion directly support our mission and Complete 2021
- The chancellor’s current initiatives for diversity
- How the VCCS Diversity Office can support each college’s recruitment efforts and initiatives
The program is designed with a roundtable format to allow interactive discussions that will help participants brainstorm ways of improving each college’s way of recruiting and selecting the best and most diverse faculty and staff possible. Presenters will also discuss how to incorporate diversity and inclusion principles into the selection process.
Dr. Chris Lee, associate vice chancellor, Human Resource Services and author of “Search Committees: A Comprehensive Guide to Faculty, Staff and Administrative Searches”
Ms. Kate Haselhorst, VCCS Diversity Officer
Who should attend:
Deans, program heads, hiring managers, diversity liaisons, college Diversity and Inclusion Council members and human resources professionals
The remaining workshop date and location is:
Date: March 1
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: John Tyler College, Midlothian Campus H 109
To register: http://doodle.com/poll/fqgwkztu8puzws8m