During National Career Development Month, it is a great time for NOVA faculty and staff to think about what can be done to help students participate in career development opportunities and navigate the workforce.
Here is how you can help:
Encourage students to use College Central Network (CCN) to search for jobs and internships specifically for NOVA students by local employers, access career advice and to create resumes and online portfolios.
Promote FOCUS 2, an online, interactive, self-guided career and education planning system, to help students learn about and select majors/programs and occupational fields.
Share information about events sponsored by NOVA Career Services. All events are free and open to faculty, staff, students and alumni. Topics include career planning, job search, resume writing and much more!
Contact your NOVA career counselor/advisor for more information:
- Christy Jensen (Extended Learning Institute)
- Erika Coddington (Adult Career Pathways)
- Blake Johnson (Pathway to the Baccalaureate)
- Trevor Blair (Alexandria)
- Stephanie Allen (Annandale)
- Carlita McCombs (Loudoun)
- Bridget Page (Medical Education)
- Dennis Sullivan (Woodbridge)
Please help spread the word.