Some of the Allied health programs are going through some changes to their competitive admissions. They are still in the process of finalizing the changes and hope to be done in September. Here are some highlights to the changes for this 2015 application.
PTA will be going competitive. You may view the changes via the online catalog: https://www.nvcc.edu/depts/academic/advsheets_1415/HLT-PTA-15-16.pdf
- Competitive admissions
- No more interviews
- TEAS test has been added to the prerequisites
- Pending addition of the TEAS test
- Pending competitive admissions
- Will remain first come first serve this year but will go competitive in 2016
- Qualify for English 111 or Higher
There may be additional changes but these are the ones that we are aware of at this time. Please keep an eye out for the new application which will have all of the changes for 2015.