Applications are compared to the criteria established by a program by Student Services staff. If an applicant does not meet the minimum standards, an advisor will mark that application ineligible. This excludes that applicant from the ranking and pool of applicants that will be considered for admission into a program. It is essential that an applicant satisfies all minimum criteria before they proceed with any application.
Reasons your application may have been flagged ineligible include:
A required prerequisite course was
- not taken
- if taken did not meet the minimum grade requirement
- if taken at another college not transferred
- if taken at another college than not transferred as the required course ( student assigned BIO EEE for example)
- College Science course is more than ten years old
Failure to provide required documentation along with your application
- Attaching ATI TEAS results TO the application
- Attaching wrong ATI result to the online application
- Failure to attach requested high school documentation (Nursing and Dental Assisting)
- International High School Documents not evaluated by an evaluation agency such as www.ece.org or www.ierf.org
- Required high school courses grades below C ( nursing only)
- Did not submit OTA observation hours via the online application
- Did not Submit PTA observation form via certified mail
Did not meet the minimum number of observation hours
For programs that require observation hours failing to meet their minimum will result in an application being marked ineligible.
Did not attend a mandatory in-person information session or provided wrong information session code
For programs with mandatory in-person information sessions, not having gone or not having gone within the last year, is grounds for being marked ineligible.
Did not meet a minimum testing requirement
- ATI TEAS minimum was not meet for a specific program
- minimum math placement scores not met
GPA below the minimum established by a program
- GPA at last school attended and/or NOVA GPA below the established minimum.
ATI TEAS taken outside of applicable period
For Fall 2019 Nursing applicants TEAS scores must be from the period December 3rd 2018 to March 20 2019. Any scores from outside of that period will not be considered.
Test Scores are older than allowed for your program. Please check our ATI TEAS post for the time frames.
If your application was marked ineligible, it will have been for one of the above reasons. Students are invited to correct any errors they may have made and apply during the subsequent application period for their desired program of study.
Please review our FAQ to learn how to avoid any pitfalls that will prevent your application from being considered in the future.
You can learn how to be a competitive applicant here.