Although all NOVA Financial Aid offices are physically closed, all NOVA Financial Aid staff are working remotely and we still can be contacted as listed below.
- Call the 24-Hour Student Support Center at 1-855-323-3199
- Live chat or submit requested documents at https://mysupport.nvcc.edu
- If you wish to be contacted by a NOVA financial aid team member during normal business hours, please use the following link: https://www.nvcc.edu/novaq/index.html. In order to be contacted, please indicate a valid phone number and your 7-digit NOVA Student ID when signing in.
- If you would like to set up an appointment to speak with a MEC financial aid staff member either by phone or zoom meeting, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you via email within 24 hours during the workweek to set up a meeting. Please include your 7-digit NOVA Student ID and phone number.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you to our offices in the near future!
Better Health Information = Better Health.
The Walter Reed Society (WRS) is strengthening this concept by providing funding for Health Information Management (HIM) scholarships to the spouses of active duty military, veterans and their spouses, wounded warriors and their spouses and surviving spouses. Since 2015, the WRS has funded seven scholarships for those at the associate, bachelor’s and master’s level. In 2019, there were five applications for the HIM scholarships and one awarded. The scholarship recipient is a Navy spouse enrolled in an Associate Degree Program at Tidewater Community College in VA which will allow her to sit for the examination to be credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT). She stated that she: “sincerely thanks the WRS and donors for their generosity effort and encouragement. The opportunity inspires personal growth and professional success” The WRS desires to have more applicants for these scholarships. Request that the readers educate prospective eligible applicants on the Health Information Management career field: (http://www.ahima.org/careers/healthinfo?tabid=why ) and the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Foundation Veteran Scholarships: (http://www.ahimafoundation.org/education/VeteransScholarship.aspx)
The Medical Laboratory Assisting CSC Program and Phlebotomy CSC Program are now both financial eligible majors. Visit their homepage to learn more about program requirements and deadlines.
MONEY MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP AT MEC
Come join us on
Monday, April 16th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
MEC Campus, Room 327
6699 Springfield Center Drive, Springfield VA 22150
Presented by Raymond Kim from BB&T Bank
- Banking basics
- Building credit
- Checking accounts
- Credit reports
- Savings accounts
- Secured lines of credit
- Installment loans
- And more…
We look forward to seeing you!!!
File Your Taxes for Free!
Open to all NOVA Students and their families annual income under $64,000. Space is limited so sign up now.
Monday February 12| 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Monday March 12| 1:00 PM -3:00 PM
Monday April 16 | 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Medical Education Campus
6699 Springfield Center Drive
Springfield VA 22150
The on-line scholarship application is now active and accepting new scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 NVCC Educational Foundation scholarships.
All applicants will need to log in via the Academic Works scholarship site. Please be sure to Complete the application process accurately and prior to the application deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018.
The on-line scholarship application is now active and accepting new scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 NVCC Educational Foundation scholarships.
All applicants will need to log in via the Academic Works scholarship site. Please be sure to complete the application process accurately and prior to the application deadline:
Friday, October 20, 2017.
- Annandale Woman’s Club Nursing Scholarship – $500
- Cecilia J. Conlon Parkin Memorial Nursing Scholarship – $500
- Debra Coffman Howe Nursing Scholarship – $1,500
- Esther H. Clairvaux Nursing Scholarship – $1,000
- Gary Becchetti Nursing Scholarship – $500
- Hal Corker Memorial Scholarship – $500
- Harriet H. Fatzinger Nursing Memorial Endowed Scholarship – $1,000
- Margaret Lucille Bonner, RN Memorial Trust Fund Scholarship – $1,000
- Nancy L. Dillen Mahoney Memorial Nursing Scholarship – $500
- Pan American Round Table Nursing Scholarship – $500
- Patricia Brander Nursing Scholarship – $1,000
- Paula Hickey Endowed Nursing Scholarship – $1,000
- Regency Women’s Club Nursing Scholarship – $2,000
- Watson/Reiter Nursing Scholarship – $1,000
Health Information Management
- Eleanor Becci Memorial Scholarship (Health Information Management) – $500
- Hal Corker Memorial Scholarship – $500
There are amazing