If you have attended college prior to NOVA, you should request your official transcript from each institution attended. Additionally for Nursing applicants you should request your high school records as well. In order to know what will officially transfer to NOVA, you must have each transcript evaluated by the College Records Office. Simply submit your official transcript at any campus along with a Transcript Evaluation Request form (125-049). The process takes approximately four to six weeks.
It is pertinent that you begin this process as soon as possible. If you have other types of transfer credit such as AP, IB , ClEP follow the same steps.
If you would like to know what will transfer to NOVA, you may use the Transfer Credit Evaluation database maintained by the College Records Office.
Please be aware that NOVA will only accept transfer credit from other universities that have been accredited by one of the following agencies.
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Middle States
- Commission of Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Higher Learning Commission
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
Please note that NOVA does not accept transfer credit from schools accredited by: Association Of Independent Colleges And Universities or National Association of Independent Colleges & Universities.