2013 MEC Transfer Fair
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Medical Education Campus, 1st Floor
Planning on transferring to a bachelor degree program after your graduate from NOVA? Come to the MEC Transfer Fair and meet representatives from colleges that partner with NOVA. Learn about the requirements to qualify for transfer and find out what options are available for you.
Schools registered to attend (as of 10/21 – subject to change):
- American Public University System
- Bluefield College
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- DeVry University
- Excelsior College
- George Mas University – College of Health and Human Services/School of Nursing
- George Washington University
- Howard University – School of Nursing
- James Madison University
- Kaplan University
- Marymount University
- Old Dominion University – Distance Learning & School of Nursing
- Shenandoah University
- Stevenson University
- Trinity Washington University
- University of Phoenix
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Virginia – School of Nursing
- Virginia Commonwealth University – Transfer Admissions & School of Nursing
- Western Governors University
CELEBRATING HISPANIC HERITAGE
National Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
Tuesday, 5-7PM and Wednesday 12-2pm
Join us for food, fun, and Hispanic Heritage trivia.
If you would like to share traditional items, please feel free to wear/or bring them.
As we gather to celebrate, we are asking for your help in kicking-off our annual FOOD DRIVE. Please bring a canned or non-perishable food to donate at the fiesta.
MEC October Events
10:17am – 10:30am
Join us for the largest earthquake drill in U.S. history.
Drop! Cover! Hold On!
October 21st – 25th: Drug and Alcohol Awareness Week
Alcohol Awareness Tiki bar – sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa – 1st floor Tuesday 11am – 1pm Root beer floats and other ice cream treats
MADD trailer – checkout an actual crash pickup truck and learn about the aftermath of drunk driving
Goggle Course – 1st floor 12-1pm Tues., Weds. & Thurs. – see the true effects of alcohol through different BAL goggles
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Effects on your Specialty Poster – 1st floor
October 24th: Cupcakes for Cancer Awareness
11am – 1pm
Sponsored by the Nursing Student Association
October 31st: Halloween Trick or Treat
11am – 12pm
Halloween Trick or Treating for local day care.
Non-Instructional Days: Library Hours
Library Hours for October 14th and 15th will be 8:30am – 5pm.