Hi MEC community! Just a reminder that in the state of Virginia, voters must register 22 days before a Primary Election. This means the last day to register to vote in the Presidential Election is Monday, October 15th for Virginia voters.
According to the Virginia State Board of Elections, to be eligible to register to vote in VA you must:
- Be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes)
- Be a U. S. Citizen
- Be 18 years old (Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election)
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored
Registering to vote is as easy as filling out a short form. And the best part is, there are lots of places you can obtain voter registration forms such as:
Make sure you to get your voter registration in by close of business on Monday October 15th, and don’t forget to VOTE on November 6th!
*Important Registration Information: The League of United Latin Voters will be holding a non-partisan voter registration drive for ALL students interested in voting – regardless of race, ethnicity, or party preference. The Voter Registration Drive will be Wednesday 10/17 and Thursday 10/18 from 10am – 5pm on the first floor of the MEC Building.