Cyberstalking is an active crime where a perpetrators use electronic communications to stalk and harass their victims.
If you think you are being stalked online then be sure to tell someone. Make sure to have a copy of the messages/pictures from the cyber stalker. You can always contact NOVA’s Sexual Assault Services (SAS) by calling or texting 703-338-0834 (24 hours a day) or email email@example.com for support and assistance. Contact NOVA College Police at 703-764-5000 to make an official report. Stay safe!
Cyberstalking has become quite the problem today. Here are some ways to stay safer online:
1. Make sure to have a strong password (Symbols, Numbers, and Capitals)
2. NEVER share your passwords with anyone
3. Change your passwords every few months
4. Don’t use the same password for different accounts
5. Don’t share any personal information online
6. Make sure to log out of your social media
8. Don’t accept friend requests from strangers
9. Always be cautious about what you post